• Register Today It's free!

ETAs are bunk

slag

Reaction score
City, State
Lawrence, Kansas, home of the JAYHAWKS
Year, Model & Trim Level
vehicleless...
You'd think that if you are spending $40k on a new vehicle, that the company making it could at least narrow it down to the day when it would be at your dealership. Even Walmart can tell me when they will have an item back on the shelf to the day, but no, not Ford. It baffles me how they can run a company like this. We are on our 3rd ETA already and are eager to get the vehicle. I know it will be great and fun to drive, but the constant pushing back of ETA is ridiculous.

Estimated time of arrival should be within a 24-48 hour window, not few weeks or more window. The vehicle has been built since March 10th, a full two weeks plus, and its only being delivered from Illinois to Kansas.

Anybody else get the run around and just plain hate the wait? :(

EDIT. Now being told it was delivered to the hub this morning and is waiting to be loaded onto the truck for delivery to the dealership. Probably another 2-3 days, might miss the weekend, or make it if we get a little luck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hence the term "ETA".

I know its estimated, but I can give you an ETA of next week that the earth will be enveloped by the sun in a giant burst as it dies. Is it realistic? No, but its just estimated so its ok, right?

No, not alright again. These estimates we get from ford are worthless because they aren't anywhere near the real date.

Well my ETA was March 29th for the last 10 days and then today the dealer called to say it was just changed to April 8th and is still in Illinois. Talk about a let down. I thought I'd be taking delivery today.

My ETA was February 25th and it arrived February 27th... that was pretty accurate.

Shipping a car is a lot different than shipping household goods to Walmart. Have you ever tried picking a car up and carrying it around? Doesn't happen. Have you ever seen what the rail-yard hubs look like and how many thousands of cars pass through there?

Walmart ships 1,000 of the same item to your local store daily... a car you order is one of a kind. I'd be a little more courteous especially considering the longer than average winter the folks in the midwest are having.

Just my thoughts :D

Back