• Register Today It's free!

Evans Creek

Harder93

Reaction score
City, State
Buckley, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 4x4
Anybody explorers been up to Evans? ive never seen one up there, explorers are just as capable or more as all the cherokees up there. whats the deal?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got bored going up there, If there is the right amount of snow it is challenging.
If you are stockish it would be more fun.
My avatar shows me the last time up at Evans standing next the outhouses and how deep the snow was.

I'm bone stock at the moment and have done quite a bit up there, i never tried anything i didnt feel comfortable with though, its my only vehicle at the moment. I just get tired of seeing nother but cherokees up there.

I was up there on April 23rd and there's a ton of snow still there. About 3 feet at the campground. I'm planning on going back after it drys out

5653295993_11689eaf97_z.jpg

5653295273_8cce4237ae_z.jpg

What kind of mods are you running?
index33
not sure if these pics will work but this is one of the only jeeps i actually like owned by a guy i know and it was an obstacle for him up there so I know for a fact I wont be up there.

Evans is fun when theres lots of snow but other then that theres not much else to do like Joe said. Every time we go there theres a trafic jam blocking the trail so you spend more time siting then wheelin. We are talkin about going up there the weekend after next to see if we can find any trails that have not been plowed out yet and do a shake down run on the bronco and my rig...

Sounds fun, I'm hoping to turn my explorer into a capable trail rig this summer when im making good money and have the time. For now i just gotta find friends to ride along with.

What kind of mods are you running?

Oh, he's lifted, locked and running Mud Terrains. :navajo:

He ain't afraid of the skinny pedal either! :p:

I'm in buckley just 20 mins away from evans and we are still seeing some snow fall down here every once in awhile so I know Evans is still getting some.

I'm afraid of the skinny pedal, somehow I received the Prius option and it likes to be a bit sticky....

Yeah if everything goes as planned we will be wheeling on the 14th. There should be a few RBV out there that day. Explorers are more than capable rigs if done right. The 4.0 is an awsome engine if you keep it cooled off and the tranny is pretty strong with a few mods, not to mention that you have a frame instead of a unibody. My engine kept running even when I rolled it on its lid. It won't die on a hill climb .... just my .02 cents

Explorers are all around better to me, never hear of problems with the v6, the frame is a huge help in modding and durablibity, 8.8 rear! (who steals all them? jeeps!) only thing that jeeps in my mind beat ford on is the stock transmissions, unless we are talking 5speed

Unfortunately, J**Ps have much better after-market support.

Ya and everything is on the market for them, not much need for custom work which is expensive

Back