• Register Today It's free!

excitter?

jar2187

Reaction score
City, State
Rhode Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 EB, 96 limited
Today a show an explorer that i drove by parked on the side of one of the locally busy street. It was probably around a 1999 or 2000, I thought it was an eddie bauer because it had the tan moldings like the rest of the newer explorer eddie bauers do. But it had a sold thick(about and 1/2'' to and 1'' thick) dark tan stripe running along the door lined up with the keypad on the drivers door. This is were a I thought it wasnt an Eddie bauer because none that i have seen have the pinstrip like that. Then came the back, the back bumper wasnt the normal tan it was grey with dark gray top. And it didnt say eddie bauer it said "Excitter" above the emblem that says explorer. The lift gate window looked weird too, it was to round. Can anyone tell me what the heck I saw?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

maybe it was some kind of dealer package ??

i dunno but dealers do offer some special packages

PEACE

PS:: you can go bak and edit you post you shouldnt have posted ur corection ( srry not being an a$$ jsut trying to help ya :) )

I have a 98 explorer xlt with the exciter package. It consists of tan fender flares and running boards and has a lighted ford logo in the front grill it also has a simulated wood grain dash package. I bought my explorer used and it had the grey bumper pads on the front and rear bumpers it really didnt match the tan flares and the running boards so I replaced the bumper pads with tan ones it matches a whole lot better now. Tasca Ford is the one who offered this package. They said it looked like an Eddie Bauer for thousands less. Which it does look just like an EB on the exterior. I think they sold the package from 98 to 99 maybe up to 2000 but im not sure. Hope this answers your question.

:D

VERY cool info thanx for informing me

now i know i was right for once it was a dealer package =)

do u happen to have ne pics of ur ride ??

if so u could email me the pics ??

click this to email me

Hey, I was just noticing that jar2187 saw this X in Rhode Island, and Explorer XLT 98, also lives in Rhode Island. Maybe you saw his X?!?!?

I was just curious.....How does that illuminated Ford logo look? Do you have any pictures of it by chance? I don't know why something so simple sounds so cool to me :)

hey, maybe I did. But Explorer XLT 98 said that he replaced is bumper covers.But what are the chance that I saw one in RI and someone posted back to my message from RI. Explorer XLT 98 what area are you from?

Im from the providence area also Tasca Ford sold alot of the exciter packages. I know of at least 6 of them just where I work.

I live in Westerly RI, and I have a '97 Explorer with the Exciter package.

I can't recall ever seeing an "Exciter" package, but I've seen a lot of dealer installed packages, some that look quite odd with fiberglass bumpers and bodykits...

Its possible the package is unique to that area, meaning some shop does the retrofit at the dealerships on their cars.

Can someone please post pics or a link.... I'd love to see this Excitter package! I lighted ford emblem is sweet!!!!

Lighted Logo

Can you drive with that one? I put one on after market and the cops tried to pinch me for it.

The look 100% stock and and very nice at night. I have front and rear.

ive seen alot of those light up ford emblems around here i guess they dont pull you over in RI for them, and my neighbor has an exciter pkg, doesnt look really special i mean its nice but pretty much an eddie bauer

Back