• Register Today It's free!

Excursion sales

The Godfather

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport Trac
Does anybody have an exact number? Out of all the driving I do, I've seen a total of 1, yes 1 on the streets. On dealer lots, I've seen 4, and 3 are still there. I believe that the Excursion was one of the biggest mistakes Ford made. If they would have an economist with a brain working for them, he could have forseen an increase in oil prices and a slowing economy in the near future. If stupidity wasn't behind building it, it was the need just to say I've got a bigger suv than you to Ch*vy which in the long run wasn't worth it. To me, making a luxo model in between the Explorer and Expedition would have made much more sense as it could be made to target the Grand Cherokee, which falls in that area.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I see loads of Excursions driving around in Phoenix.

The Grand Cherokee actually has less interior room than the Explorer does. Much poorer visibility as well. I rented a Grand Cherokee and wasn't impressed at all. The Grand Cherokee was actually aimed at the Explorer market, but failed to make a dent in Explorer sales.

[Edited by Rick on 11-21-2000 at 08:41 PM]

tons of excursions here, deep in the heart of texas. they are everywhere.

All over the place in Colorado from what I've seen anyway.

I live in Northern NJ and I work in NYC. There are a ton of Excursions around my area. Seems like every Soccer Mom in town has picked one up. I don't really care for the design or the massive size, but people around here sure do. Seems like Ford dealers are having a hard time keeping them on the lot! I wish they would stop making it though, it makes my Explorer Sport looks sooooo small and helpless!!!!!!!

It seems like they're every place but here then. There might not be a lot of Excursions, but there are a ton of Super Duties. Maybe they're buying those instead.

Back