• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust Flange Question

Badgerwelder

Reaction score
City, State
Belmont, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer Limited
Is there a cheap fix to replace a ball flange if the flange rusts out.

Ball_Flange_Product.jpg

I am haveing an issuie with the one one the right which is the end that comes from the muffler.

Because there is the flair on the end of the Pipe I will not be able to slip a new flange on to the old pipe one any Ideas ?

The Ball flange I am talking about is the one in between the cat and the muffler right by the (o2 Senser ?).......I was just gonna elimanate the whole joint and bought some flexable exhaust tubeing with 2 exhaust clamps but on the cat side of the flange the Diamter of the pipe is bigger then the muffler side, not the mention the senser is in the way

try auto zone or advance for a flange iif that helps, i think. my old ranger the flange was bad on the store had flange onlys to put on the pipe and i just bought that and gaskets to replace. hope this helps

Is there a cheap fix to replace a ball flange if the flange rusts out.

Ball_Flange_Product.jpg

I am haveing an issuie with the one one the right which is the end that comes from the muffler.

Because there is the flair on the end of the Pipe I will not be able to slip a new flange on to the old pipe one any Ideas ?

The Ball flange I am talking about is the one in between the cat and the muffler right by the (o2 Senser ?).......I was just gonna elimanate the whole joint and bought some flexable exhaust tubeing with 2 exhaust clamps but on the cat side of the flange the Diamter of the pipe is bigger then the muffler side, not the mention the senser is in the way

Here's exactly your problem:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322712

& Solution:
Walker #36132 2-piece bolt on exhaust flanges from RockAuto of Wisconsin (might have to click "search" after the page loads)
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...36132-629664&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13279416521535

Back