• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust Manifold Gaskets?

Diemondrio63

Reaction score
City, State
Orwigsburg, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1989 B2,1995 Eddie Bauer
Anyone know where or if I can get copper exhaust manifold gaskets for my 95 4.0? The manifolds are slightly pitted and leaking. I'm thinking it'd be a cheaper fix replacing with copper gaskets than replacing the manifolds. I'm not sure if the "deadsoft" aluminum ones would seal any better of if they're even available either.
Thanks...
Mark

Aluminum is a better option than the Coppers. Copper should ONLY be run with PERFECTLY flat, STRONG pieces.

Ryan

Well it turns out that Mr. Gasket is the only one who would've had the copper ones but not for the 4.0 or any V6 so that takes care of that. They also have a graphite coated gasket but not for any V6 either. Percy's hasn't gotten back to me yet with confirmation on an aluminum gasket as of yet either. Looks like this simple gasket change is going to get expensive. I got a price, discounted, on new exhaust manifolds at $57.00 a piece from Advanced Auto.
I'd just put up with the leak but it has gotten worse and now it's giving the 02 sensors a false reading so the PCM says oh yea... let's fatten up the mixture!

I found aluminum exhaust manifold gaskets for the 4.0. Go to percyshp.com and look up part # 66077 and there they be!

Hopefully this takes care of the problem.
Mark

Back