Exhaust Manifold Update? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust Manifold Update?

T/REXPLORER

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT V8
We have a 2001 V8 that has leaking manifolds. I'm going to have this fixed ASAP, and so I have a few questions that I didn't see any info on when searching. As I understand it there is a cast and a tubular exhaust manifold.

1. Is one design (cast or tubular) better from a performance standpoint?
    Which monifold cast or tubular is less likely to crack and/or leak in the future?
    Can a truck with cast manifolds be converted to tubular and vice/versa?
I currently have cast manifolds and was going to replace both manifolds and the EGR tube. I'm open to buying the tubular manifolds and EGR tube if they will be less likely to fail.
At this point if I do indeed have an option, I would pick less likely to fail, and quiet over performance.

Wrong section;) good luck on finding performance headers.

Wrong section;) good luck on finding performance headers.

I would buy headers for a good price (used) but it's not something I'm doing as a mod, more as a repair, so I can't wait for a used set to pop up.

I wasn't sure which section to post it in. I thought I was posting in stock, but I guess I didn't.

EDIT-Ah crap. Totally wrong section.

I would buy headers for a good price (used) but it's not something I'm doing as a mod, more as a repair, so I can't wait for a used set to pop up.

I wasn't sure which section to post it in. I thought I was posting in stock, but I guess I didn't.

EDIT-Ah crap. Totally wrong section.

Yea this is 91-94.headers are outrageously expensive even used.big power gains tho:salute:

Back