Exhaust mod

Foresthill AL

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 explorer XLT
Hi I have a 2017 explorer xlt. I was just wandering if a sport exhaust will fit

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I don't actually have the answer but do you have the 3.5L V6 or the 2.3L I-4 Ecoboost?

Peter

Ok thanks. Looks like it probably want fit

Hi I have a 2017 explorer xlt. I was just wandering if a sport exhaust will fit

Yes and no.

You would have to modify the front for it to mate up because the sport is a dual and the XLT is a single.

I'm just curious as to the 'Why'?

I am curious as to 'why' as well. The suitcases in the back are basically the same. If you are looking for a little more throaty sound out of your XLT 3.5 NA, cut out the huge middle resonator. It will still be pretty quite, but you will get a nice burble at startup and it will sound decent when driving by. You wont notice a difference in the cabin, at least I dont..

I'm just curious as to the 'Why'?
I am curious as to 'why' as well. The suitcases in the back are basically the same. If you are looking for a little more throaty sound out of your XLT 3.5 NA, cut out the huge middle resonator. It will still be pretty quite, but you will get a nice burble at startup and it will sound decent when driving by. You wont notice a difference in the cabin, at least I dont..

While the rear mufflers may be the same you are going from a single 2 1/4" exhaust to a dual 2 1/4" exhaust which nets more flow.

IF, the front Y pipe is modified to split into the duals.

It is actually something I am looking at doing in my next round of mods. Should help me better my current 6.6 0-60 time.

While the rear mufflers may be the same you are going from a single 2 1/4" exhaust to a dual 2 1/4" exhaust which nets more flow.

IF, the front Y pipe is modified to split into the duals.

It is actually something I am looking at doing in my next round of mods. Should help my better my current 6.6 0-60 time.

Awesome! I say, go for it! I dont doubt a good shop can do it! @are6rider did a complete custom straight pipe that looks amazing, sounds even better! Granted his is a ExSport but still.. You find the right shop, it can be done.

Unless they are similar past the cats, I don't think the systems will mate up. The ecoboost has the turbos, so the manifolds and the downpipes will be very different.

But yeah, if you find a shop to make something for you , it can be done. Anything can be done with enough money! LOL

Back