The Storm Chaser
Reaction score
City, State
Agawam, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Interceptor Utility
Callsign
WX4FUN
Have any of you had your PIU at the dealer for the exhaust recall? Other than modifying the tailpipes, what else did they do? I scheduled mine to go in on January 2. I was also informed they wouldn't be giving me a loaner while the work is done. Nice right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On top of welding turn downs to the exhaust tips the dealership added a heavy duty lift gate weather strip and double checked that all holes for auxillary lights were plugged. They also reprogrammed the AC to circulate fresh air under hard acceleration. If it hasn't been done recently it may also be a good time to have the transmission fluid flushed as mine was nasty.

On top of welding turn downs to the exhaust tips the dealership added a heavy duty lift gate weather strip and double checked that all holes for auxillary lights were plugged. They also reprogrammed the AC to circulate fresh air under hard acceleration.
That TSB is a lot of work and there are a lot of opportunities for inexperienced/rushed techs to do some damage to a vehicle.

I'm going to take a hard pass on having the exhaust tips ground off and downturns welded on. That is a totally half ass repair job.

I'll take the upgraded liftgate weatherstrip, but I didn't see anything mentioned in the TSB about it. Do you have a part number?

I think I had the updated HVAC programming done as there was a line item on my last RO, but I'll have to confirm if it was the update applicable to the TSB or something different.

Is it just me or does anyone else think after reading all those instructions they are not sure where the root of the problem is. That's a ton of warranty work payout.

Back