• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust replacement

Rezup

Reaction score
City, State
livonia mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer PIU(base)
I was getting on a highway and noticed i couldnt go past 60, it was stuck right on it, and my engine sounded louder than usual so i took it to the ford shop (2016 PIU 3.5 twin turbo) and theyre claiming that my exhaust needs to be replaced along with both my catalytic converters... 7k. No way is that an option. Im thinking about taking it to another shop, or maybe doing it myself but i'd love to hear some outside opinions on what I should do.

Any fault codes? Typically a bad cat will throw a 0420 or 0430 code. I don't know why you'd really ever need to switch the cats and the entire exhaust system. Sounds fishy to me.

Just had mine done on 2015 3.7L with 95k miles.... All done for free under warranty for FPIU
With mine they did the catalytic converters and O2 sensors. While they were at it I had them replace the spark plugs as they were original.

I was getting on a highway and noticed i couldnt go past 60, it was stuck right on it, and my engine sounded louder than usual so i took it to the ford shop (2016 PIU 3.5 twin turbo) and theyre claiming that my exhaust needs to be replaced along with both my catalytic converters... 7k. No way is that an option. Im thinking about taking it to another shop, or maybe doing it myself but i'd love to hear some outside opinions on what I should do.

THe is replacing all the exhaust system,because its easier.
Your cat are block (2$400 ea). But why? How many miles are on the exhaust?
You can remove the down stream O2 sensors, and see if it has more power; or the cats.
You can also connect a vacuum gauge too see what the vacuum is.

Back