Exhaust System Help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust System Help

Cheford

Reaction score
Hello

I have a 1998 Expo 2dr....4.0L SOHC V6 4x4, A/c, power windows, it has wiper blades, and light bulbs, even came with the optional heater control knobs......

My question is anyone know of a good dual exhaust system that will bolt up?? I was looking at the Flowmaster Force II with the H pipe design, dual rear exit, will this work you think? My vehicle info was all setup on a few sites and this pic came up......but going under flowmaster site, this set-up wasn't shown???

I would like to do headers back. 2 1/2" but replace the mufflers it comes with to Spintech mufflers, they sound 10X better.....

Please help.

If you look at Sams01xplsprt his has a good exhaust setup. Same engine as yours just the year is different.

Otherwise the MPG savings are negligible a single out system still sounds awesome on these and keeps the back pressure up which is something these vehicles need. Also do a search on here and you can find thousands of threads talking about this exact thing man.

there is no direct bolt up kit for an explorer to have dual exhaust.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192528

That thread is 25+ pages of differnet exhausts with clips and pictures. I happen to have a Flowmaster super 40 with dual 2" tails. it is of general concensus that with the v6 you should not do duals because while it sounds nice, it sucks for the motor, losing a lot of back pressure, and turning your fast SOHC into a dog. Please read through the thread and then make your decision.

Justin

Back