exhaust systems for running duals? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

exhaust systems for running duals?

explorer4x484

Reaction score
City, State
Pocomoke City, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4
hi i have a 94 explorer 3in body lift with 32/11.50/15 bfg at on it with a 4.0 V6. & i was wondering what would be the best exhaust system to use? im looking for a deep tone so u know when im coming. and what size pipe i should use. & the tips size?:exp::exporange

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In for an answer

I would steer away from a true dual exhaust unless you've got some overbuilt motor, the lack of back pressure will kill your bottom end. If your doing it yourself i would recommend a kit from either magnaflow or flowmaster. If you are having a local exhaust shop do it then i would consider a bassani or spintech muffler.

i have tried to find a dual kit from all the major exhaust companies for a 94 explorer and they simply dont exist i think i would just go to your local shop and just go dual after the cat or you loose all backpressure that is true

I found a dual exhaust kit from lmc although It's not a true dual, just splits after the ypipe

Back