Exhaust Tip for a 2005 Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust Tip for a 2005 Ford Explorer

05Exploder978

Reaction score
City, State
Gloucester, Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer XLT
What would be the best option for a bolt-on exhaust tip for the stock tail pipe for my 05 Explorer 4.0 V6? I got two exhaust tips from DC Sports: one that fits up to a 2” outer diameter tail pipe and another that fits up to a 2.25” outer diameter pipe. The one that fits a 2.25” pipe was able to go on, but I couldn’t get it to slide on far enough, so it was sticking out too far. Should I get a bolt-on exhaust tip that fits up to a 2.5” outer diameter tail pipe? And also, what’s the ideal length the tip should stick out past the rear bumper so it’s not sticking out too far?

What would be the best option for a bolt-on exhaust tip for the stock tail pipe for my 05 Explorer 4.0 V6? I got two exhaust tips from DC Sports: one that fits up to a 2” outer diameter tail pipe and another that fits up to a 2.25” outer diameter pipe. The one that fits a 2.25” pipe was able to go on, but I couldn’t get it to slide on far enough, so it was sticking out too far. Should I get a bolt-on exhaust tip that fits up to a 2.5” outer diameter tail pipe? And also, what’s the ideal length the tip should stick out past the rear bumper so it’s not sticking out too far?
It’s all personal preference on how far the tip sticks out. And I’d have the tip welded personally looks cleaner than a visible clamp in my opinion nothing wrong with clamps though

Back