EXHAUST... X is up in the air !!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EXHAUST... X is up in the air !!!!

CALDWELL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia Airport, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 V6 Silver XLT
I have mentioned about getting my exhaust done, and that day has come !!!!!!!!!!!!

im cutting my last CAT, then running 2.5'' pipe to my FM 40 series, then 2.5'' under my rear axle to a 3'' tip...

heres what the current 40 series muffler sounds like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xteFO7WFzVc

will post a after clip of the mew exhaust later tonight when i get it back !

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cant wait it see it!! :thumbsup:

Can't wait to hear it either!!! It's good that you will have a before and after, something I wished I would have done.

can't wait either lets hear how it sounds now danny does it sound a lot meaner and deeper

If its still on the lift Id love to see pics of how the exhaust is run.
Also one with it on the ground to see how much clearance is lost by going under the rear diff.

Its the only thing holding me back really as I want duals.

I think he if he picked it up last night, he may still be driving it and only stopping for gas since it must sound so good:burnout:

yeah for some reason when i fill up my gas tank or put gas in the x it sounds much much louder and deeper.

yeah for some reason when i fill up my gas tank or put gas in the x it sounds much much louder and deeper.

Are you serious or did you not get what I said?

You must have one of those new 20 gallon petromufflers :popcorn:

something doesnt sound rite... sounds almost import-like ...sorry

yo boys...

sorry its taken a bit..

im at the firehouse right now... im about to pull it inside the fire house, and make a clip... just give me a lil bit up upload it...

Danny

the clip is uploading on youtube right now...

IDLE...

FIRST REV = 2000 RPM

SECOND REV = 3000 RPM

THIRD REV = 4000 RPM

FOURTH REV = 5000 RPM

just thought this might help comparing the tones through out the clip

sounds nice danny

since the sound from a video isnt always that accurate, how do you like the new setup??? sounds deeper or louder?? more close to a V8 sound then before?

hmm to each his own I guess but I think that sounds horrible.

hmm to each his own I guess but I think that sounds horrible.
One of the things I've learned from taking videos of vehicles is that the sound captured is not awlays what it is in reality.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I love my new exhaust !!! really happy with it...

right off the bat, when i start it... sounds like it has way bigger balls then just the muffler...

at idle... - much louder and moderatly deeper tone, sounds CLOSE to a v8

at 2000 RPM... - there is way more resonence from the exhaust compared to just the muffler ( sounds like just the MUFFLER @ 2500 RPM )

at 3000 - 3500 RPM... - this is where my exhaust tone PEAKS if you will... its loudest and deepest at this point

then pretty much anything above that, the tone gets higher in pitch etc...

what i love the most is how much more pull i have when getting in the UPPER RPM's... with just the muffler, i could feel my engine through my gas pedal that it was being maxed out... but now if i get up to say 4500 RPM, i cant feel my engine through the pedal at all, and i still feel my X pulling real good !!!!!

all in all for me, i feel it was an awesome investment...

now i just need an INTAKE to get a SLIGHT bit deeper tone, and also so the front 1/2 of the X doesnt sound Bi#ch, compared to the back 1/2 lol !!!!

Back