• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust

talk2dan

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 sport
I currently had my exhaust done on my Explorer with a Magnaflow dual in/out muffler with dual resonator tips and I'm beginning to hate it. When I start to hit the 60-70 mph I get so much drone inside it drives me insane and starts to hurt my ears. So I'm going to switch over to a Flowmaster 70 series. talk to Aldive about that and I'm liking it alot more.

The one other question is should I keep dual in/ dual out or use the dual in/ single out how it was originally was ?

thanks for any input

Dan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dan, in my setup, I use the single in ( 2 1/2" ) single out ( 2 1/2" ) Flowie 70.

Either configuration would serve you well.

I failed to mention that I do have dual cats. And is there any benefit with having dual pipe coming out of a single muffler ? Or is the same as having a single pipe from a single muffler?

is better to have a single in and a single out or better to keep the dual in and single out ?

I got single in and dual out and I got the 40 series flowmasters on my 01 sport.

Back