exhaust

Digitalgp

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Hudson valley
Year, Model & Trim Level
‘15 XLT
I found my tailpipe hanging down. It was resting on the rear crossmember. Saw both rear hangers still intact so I was puzzled. When i went to reinforce the rear hanger by the resonator the entire piece came loose in my hand. Took off the hanger and found the the clamp slid down the pipe and rotted into place. My question do I try to bust the old clamp off and put a new one on or am I better off fabricating a new pipe in its place? Also what size is the stock exhaust piping? I'm guessing 2 1/4" but not 100%. The rest of the exhaust appears to be in solid shape from what I can see.

image.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Shoot if you got the coin get the cat back system from dynaflow.

Personnaly, I prefer fixing to changing when possible. If the pipes look solid, simply get a new clamp...

Never heard of the dynaflow Catback. The only Catback I find for us is the magnaflow one, but that's too much money for me.

I am a few inches short of making it. The pipe actually split evenly and broke off inside the resonator pipe flange. I was able to get it out and get the old clamp off so I need to make a trip to the parts store for an adaptor piece.

Anyone know off hand the actual size of the stock piping is it 2" or 2 1/4" or 2 1/8" I have found conflicting data. I have a 4.0 limited if that makes a difference

Why don't you just take the pipe to the part store, or simply measure it?

I found the size. Turns out walker is correct with it being 2 1/8" in size (for anyone else's reference). It should go back together smooth as butter and if it holds out through this coming winter I'll be happy

Back