Expected Delivery Date | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Expected Delivery Date

Youngr4

Reaction score
I ordered my Explorer at the end of January (almost 5 weeks ago) and Seni just checked the status (thanks Seni!!!) and he said it's unscheduled-clean and I should be getting a VIN soon. How much longer am I going to have to wait? I keep reading about the explorer and the more I read about it the more I want it to be here NOW! I'm getting really impatience, anybody else in the same boat?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ordered my Explorer at the end of January (almost 5 weeks ago) and Seni just checked the status (thanks Seni!!!) and he said it's unscheduled-clean and I should be getting a VIN soon. How much longer am I going to have to wait? I keep reading about the explorer and the more I read about it the more I want it to be here NOW! I'm getting really impatience, anybody else in the same boat?

Unfortunately, way too many :( The wait times are varying drastically from as little as 4 weeks (lucky few) to 6 months in some cases. Guessing the mystery of dealer allocation plays a big role in that.

It must be allocation because i ordered 2/6, got a vin a week ago and build date of 3/14. I ordered from the largest dealer in my state so that might of helped. Amazing sone of the stories I read.. ordering in Jan and no vin yet..

I ordered on 1/17 and finally got a VIN last week (build week of 3/14). It's been an excruiating 7 weeks. I was originally told 6-8 weeks and I won't be much past that, but it still seems like forever. Talked to my salesman yesterday and expected delivery is the week of the 21st. Keeping my fingers crossed I have it 3 weeks from now!

It must be allocation because i ordered 2/6, got a vin a week ago and build date of 3/14. I ordered from the largest dealer in my state so that might of helped. Amazing sone of the stories I read.. ordering in Jan and no vin yet..
Do you know how long it takes to build and ship the car? Since your build date is 3/14 do you have an estimated date of when you should be receiving it?

I ordered on 1/17 and finally got a VIN last week (build week of 3/14). It's been an excruiating 7 weeks. I was originally told 6-8 weeks and I won't be much past that, but it still seems like forever. Talked to my salesman yesterday and expected delivery is the week of the 21st. Keeping my fingers crossed I have it 3 weeks from now!
I was also told 6-8 weeks so I guess I still have atleast another month to go. I was hoping for a miracle and getting it at the 6 week mark! :)

Ordered 12/10 took delivery on 2/17. All depends on whats coming down the line.

Do you know how long it takes to build and ship the car? Since your build date is 3/14 do you have an estimated date of when you should be receiving it?

I don't have an ETA yet.. From what I understood, you don't get an ETA until it comes off the line (at a minimum). The latest update just shows it will come off the line on 3/14 (thought it only took 1 day to build it). I'm hoping within 2 weeks from that point but who knows if there will be a delay in building it or them releasing it for delivery.

I don't have an ETA yet.. From what I understood, you don't get an ETA until it comes off the line (at a minimum). The latest update just shows it will come off the line on 3/14 (thought it only took 1 day to build it). I'm hoping within 2 weeks from that point but who knows if there will be a delay in building it or them releasing it for delivery.
I received my ETA a couple of days after I was given the 'Build' date. The 'Build Date' in my case was Feb. 21. When I checked with Seni, SHE told me it would be coming off the line on Feb. 24th with the ETA still on the 28th, subject to change. It did change to March 6th and is currently shown as being in 'transit'. My order was placed Dec. 20th but I believe that the factory was closed for 3 weeks over the holidays, thus adding to the waiting time.

I received my ETA a couple of days after I was given the 'Build' date. The 'Build Date' in my case was Feb. 21. When I checked with Seni, SHE told me it would be coming off the line on Feb. 24th with the ETA still on the 28th, subject to change. It did change to March 6th and is currently shown as being in 'transit'. My order was placed Dec. 20th but I believe that the factory was closed for 3 weeks over the holidays, thus adding to the waiting time.

Wierd, Seni was the one that gave me the build date.. made no mention of an ETA. I'll have to shoot her another PM.

Wierd, Seni was the one that gave me the build date.. made no mention of an ETA. I'll have to shoot her another PM.
FYI, the build date and ETA were originally given to me by my salesman.

FYI, the build date and ETA were originally given to me by my salesman.

Thanks, they use the same system so if it's in the system, Seni should be able to give me the info.. I'm just waiting for my window sticker.. I put in a modification request to the plant for an item to be added, hoping to see my window sticker soon to see if they approved the change. hopefully it will show up Monday or Tuesday next week.

I don't think an ETA is immediately available. I got a build date last week, but no ETA until yesterday

Hey guys, my situation is much the same.

I ordered on 1/28, and Seni, with my complete gratitude, gave me a build date of 2/23, a VIN, and an ETA of 3/5. I've been elated all week and got all my loan papers ready. I sadly got a new update from Seni this evening saying that it won't really be here until 3/13 now. Boo.

Like all of you, the wait is making my wife and I nuts. I'm sorry to those of you having to wait even longer. I feel your pain and wish you the best. I'll update here if it comes any sooner. I completey agree with a previous poster who wanted the phone number of the convoy truck driver. I'd love to chat with him, see how he's feeling, and ask where he's at!

Worth the wait

Just picked up our new Explorer and it was beyond our expectations.

I ordered mine the last week of January. X-plan, small town dealer, and told him I wasn't in a hurry. No VIN or scheduled build date, and that's no problem for me. My '02 is running just fine.

Got a post card in the mail from a different dealer the other day. It offered the "Loyalty Program" discount of $1,500 if delivery is taken from dealer stock by 4/4 Checked with my dealer and he ran it through the system and said he was pretty sure the discount would be applicable given the slow deliveries on the new Explorer.

He had his personal Explorer built around the beginning of February and then get caught in the factory hold. It is supposed to be on the move again sometime soon.

I'm in the same situation, hopefully it's coming soon on the same truck since I'm in Ottawa too.

I'm in the same situation, hopefully it's coming soon on the same truck since I'm in Ottawa too.
:wavey: Welcome to the Forum. I'm in Russell but my dealer is in Casselman and was given the 6th as the delivery date. Being that is a Sunday, we expect that it will be there on the 7th unless it is delayed. I then plan to pick it up on Thursday and get my new Yokohamas installed that afternoon. I received a call from Frisby that the tires are in. I've only seen 1 new Explorer on the road so far. I guess that total will soon go up.:thumbsup:

My salesman just told me my order was just posted on their website as inventory. I looked and there it was. Monday starts week seven. Any day!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ordered January11, 2011!!!

My 2011 XLT was ordered January 11, 2011. I used Ford's customer service to find out that it does not even have a build date until March 21.

I do have Vin#, but am not sure that means much in the scope of things

I think something must be wrong at Ford. This is my third Explorer and I am anxious, but still have no idea when it will arrive.

Does anyone know how long from build date to delivery?

Back