• Register Today It's free!

exploder exploding....

XonDubs

Reaction score
City, State
wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 5.0 AWD Limited
well got my subs in....now i just need the rest of the amps in.....im running 4 12 inch rf he2 dvc subs in a 10.3 cubic foot box tuned to about 38hzand a 1000a2 rf amp running bridged down to 2 ohms...its only 4 ohm stable when in mono bridged mode.....but its doing fine right now....ill have pics up soon, and ill post my SPL score from the competition tonight when i get home...wish me luck guys....:) only problem is ill be in the wall category since my box exceeds the window line, so ill be running against the big dogs :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds great man, post some pictures soon.

we'll have to match that one with my boys similar set-up with the 15s sometime this summer.

my truck is almost getting there, so i know i'll probably make the trip over to you sometime when there is a show or what not.

well, i just got back from the comp and i raked in a nice 155.2 DB....yeah well meet up....but im very impressed, 155.2 DB with a 1000a2 amp wires at 2ohms with a blown channel in a 92 ford explorer.....

i took pics but i cant upload em for some reason....if any of you want me to email them to you lemme know....

img_5380.jpg

img_5381.jpg

img_5384.jpg

img_5385.jpg

img_5386.jpg

there i got it to work....its the start of my new system....good enought for this week...till i start putting my other amps and toys in :)

Holy Crap! :bounce: I bet those hit hard..

Thats nice! but are you missing any cargo space lol?

How do you get your jack out of its compartment? :p

don't know about him, but we relocate the jacks when we build systems that block them off.

where we relocate them to i don't know... since so far all i have done is remove them from the compartment and say i'm going to relocate it. but soon i'll figure out the place that they get relocated to.

Crankcase said:
How do you get your jack out of its compartment? :p
i dont plan on having to :p

and no real loss to space in the rear seats...just lost my trunk area ...but its ok...i actually have to weld some steel bars on my roof...it waves and bends too much now from the bass...

thats cheating, lol. but yeah it will help a ton.

it is cheating :p but it works haha...plus i have to find a way to seal my rear hatch better....it bulges out and i lose alot of pressure
and many ppl have told me to turn the subs around, although granted its supposed to hit harder like that, i dont wanna have to TOTALLY seal the cargo area at the front of the box and have a wall, ide rather it be like that...
another awsome thing is i havent heard distortion yet out of those subs :)

wow dude, my mouth just dropped, i bet it puts out just a little...nice...:chug:

it puts out more then my ex gf ;) it hits pretty hard i guess lol

That = alot of subbage for not-so-much sq-in of portage. Are you getting much whistling? I would imagine you would get alot!

nweibley said:
That = alot of subbage for not-so-much sq-in of portage. Are you getting much whistling? I would imagine you would get alot!
none at all....its about 10.75in deep....which i guess is reccomended for thos subs to sound best....and it should be about 40-50 sq-in port...tuned to 38Hz

Back