• Register Today It's free!

exploder idle issues

925ploder

Reaction score
City, State
Eagle River, AK
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 4door xl
First sorry for such a long post, but there are a few questions i have. i have a 92 exploder and the motor has been idling at like 1200 rpm for a little while now. i was told it was the intake gaskets so i changed upper and lower intake and valve cover gaskets cause they were leakin oil and coolant anyway. my problem is that its still idling high, and i cant find any vacuum leaks. the other thing its been doin is when i come to a stop the truck is idling at 1200 rpm and when it rocks back from the stopping motion the idle drops to 1000rpm. and when i unplug the iac and start it the motor goes straight to 1000 till i plug the iac back in then it goes up to 1200 again. anyone maybe got any suggestions as to what my problem might be?

Check the sticky at the top of this forum on how to pull codes, then post up any that you find and we'll see what we can do.

so i pulled the engine codes and the one i keep getting is tps below minimum voltage, and ive already swapped the tps out once, i have a motorcraft sensor i bought to try but havent had a chance to put it in just yet. any ideas why i would keep getting that code with a new sensor?

Back