• Register Today It's free!

Explorer 1; Deer 0

pknopick

Reaction score
City, State
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XL
Last night while driving home from a friend's a deer jumped out of the woods as I was passing... Needless to say the deer is dead and my explorer is damaged. I can't open my passenger side door and my bumper is flattened in the front. Anyone else feel my pain?
n289900003_3219_5905.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well from the look of your hood, it's time for some body work anyway.
Glad your ok though. Hitting deer sucks :(

IMO, you need to give the deer some credit.. maybe Explorer 1; Deer 0.5

I do, I feel your pain,:( looks like you had a good lookin '92 there, the hood is a reflection, right? :):) It's not really rippled like a river is it? :( :)

Hey it coulda been worse. When i hit my dear it took out a headlight, bent the hood, the grill was gone, the AC condensor had a leak, the trim between the bumper and the grill was bent, and the front bumper was an S. The driver's side quarter had to be repainted, and because i had a boat on the top that scratched the roof when the brakes were applied. i was going 55ish how fast were you going?

i got lucky, the deer i clipped (clipped being the key word) ran out in front of me, i was doing about 50 and slammed on the brakes and i hit it with the front left bumper, it stumbled but ran away and didn't even scratch my bumper....but still scared the hell out of me lol

i feel your pain last year hit a 2 year old moose and ins. wrote off the truck i week after i just put the motor back in after replacing all the timing chains and tensioners. and i had to drive two hours to still get home like that.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v57/fobrnno/moose/
triptosudbury060.jpg

Yeah I hit a deer a year ago. I saw three of them crossing the street so i abruptly slowed down to 23 in a 35, and 1 second later one came out of nowhere. No blinking, just like this: nothing there, .5 secs later he was already getting hit. Didn't even see him coming...

Bent my hood, smashed the grille, broke the trim around the headlamp, and burnt a filament out somehow lol.

They had to put the deer down, he kept trying to run with a broken leg...I felt so bad for him. The cop (lady) must have used a shotgun for the first time, because she missed the first time after aiming for 5 minutes, shot the second time and hit it in the stomach, and the third time finally hit it in the neck....poor guy. No need to have him tortured...

Needless to say, I got a shiny new chrome grille out of it. Was in due for one because it was scratched and really faded.

Don't have any pictures, but anytime something bad happens to the car you love, its 20x more dramatic than it seems. I thought my life had ended lol.

The cop (lady) must have used a shotgun for the first time, because she missed the first time after aiming for 5 minutes, shot the second time and hit it in the stomach, and the third time finally hit it in the neck....poor guy. No need to have him tortured...

Somebody needs to be fired... I know it was a year ago but that just angers me....Im not a tree-hugger, but Damm.

And the fact that there was a Law Enforcement Officer that couldn't use her equipment. W O W

Sorry, I can get on with my day now.... Thanks!

Well from the look of your hood, it's time for some body work anyway.
Glad your ok though. Hitting deer sucks :(

Yeah, my paint sucks but I'm in college and I can't really afford a decent paint job right now. I guess I'm going to need one now cause the two tone look that you get when you pull parts off another vechile just doesn't do it for me... there goes my beer money!

Somebody needs to be fired... I know it was a year ago but that just angers me....Im not a tree-hugger, but Damm.

And the fact that there was a Law Enforcement Officer that couldn't use her equipment. W O W

Sorry, I can get on with my day now.... Thanks!

Yeah it annoyed me. She made herself look like an idiot in the process. The whole neighborhood was watching. There was a house behind us with 2 6 year old girls that didn't know what was happening. The father who lived at that house came down cause he heard me hit the deer. He had to call his girls and tell them to shut the lights off and don't look out of the window and don't be frightened by the noise. Then she shot it 3 times. I would have been horrified by that sound at 6 years old being a girl...

Yes not like it's particularly hard to hit something with a shotgun. Sorta like a cheap camera...point and shoot :pPP

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

by the look of the cow's ear a farmer has one less four-legged profit.

Back