Explorer 2011 - HID Headlight Issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer 2011 - HID Headlight Issues

Carldonn

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer LTD 2011
Quick Question to members!

I just recently took my Ford 2011 Limited in for an oil change and had the passenger side headlight out, when I asked for it to be replaced they came back with a $465.00 charge for a single light and ballast system. It appears to be a Xenon HID D3S, but until I can pull out myself its hard to tell. Truck has 61000 kms or 38000 mies give or take.

Has any one out there seen this and is it a single balast system for each headlight.

What are the costs of such a device.

I have an escalation in with Ford and was informed that dealers can charge what they wish for parts and service, and quite frankly that is just greed.

Thanks for any feedback

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's a load of crap. Hopefully you didnt do it. Just buy the HID system from ddm tuning.com, or whatever light parts you need. I bought the complete HID system for both headlights for $30. They have replacement parts(bulbs, ballasts, etc).

That's a load of crap. Hopefully you didnt do it. Just buy the HID system from ddm tuning.com, or whatever light parts you need. I bought the complete HID system for both headlights for $30. They have replacement parts(bulbs, ballasts, etc).

I'm sure he wants the factory HID bulb, and they do cost that much. However, you can buy the Sylvania D3S bulbs on Amazon for around $100.

Check out theretrofitsource.com they carry premium grade hid products!

I'm sure he wants the factory HID bulb, and they do cost that much. However, you can buy the Sylvania D3S bulbs on Amazon for around $100.

you can buy D3S bulbs on DDMTuning.com as well. They are replacement HID bulbs.

Back