explorer 2016 Base from Hell | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

explorer 2016 Base from Hell

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No troll Halwg, but your not knowing anything about what I've been through with Ford look up... 2014 Explorer Door Alignment on this forum and get a better understanding.

I can kind of understand where he's coming from because when I first got the Explorer, I was pissed off about the dealer visits because they were such a waste of time. A new vehicle really shouldn't be in the shop more than once or twice for quality control issues. As long as Ford corrects any issues, and makes up for your lost time, I think that would be reasonable.

I was one of those people complaining on here about MFT when I first got the car and someone was telling me I was BSing or didn't know how to use the system. They even went as far to state my forum name, my phone number, etc on the Ford Explorer page on Facebook. In their face though because I wasn't the only one with the MFT issues and I was dead on about it.

With that being said, I do recognize problems do happen. I just don't think you should be so heated about the two problems you have now. If more problems pop up, then maybe you would have some serious beef with Ford. For now, I think you should cool it down. Call customer service and make sure they know you're upset but work with them on getting your car fixed. If they can't then lemon law it.

I just think you're jumping the gun too quickly on trying to get the vehicle exchanged.

WTF is that supposed to mean!!! I'm a proud member of local 164 Ibew electrical Union and I have to say I will put gun to my head the quality of our work compared to any scab any day. I have minimal knowledge of the auto workers union but in general it's sad how all the anti union propaganda has worked in this country. Yes back in the day unions were run mostly by mafias and there was a certain mentality but that has drastically changed. Yes there are some guys in our union halls that they do suck but guess what there the ones that are always out of work. We are trained meaning our work quality cant even be compared to non Union, contrary to the propaganda our work gets done faster than non Union and we don't cut corners. It's very sad after all the unions have done for this country (40 hr work week, 5 Day Work week, Safety to name a few) some people still blame us for problems.

That rant being said specifically speaking about auto unions I find that your cars issues are caused by the "lazy union worker" hard to believe. If someone half ***** something there should still be quality control to inspect the issue before the vehicle rolls out of the factory. Seems to me more likely that there given inferior parts to put together and when they fail blame the over paid Union workers. It killed me when the American companies were in financial hell and theybtriedbto blame the workers but meanwhile they had a very small piece of the pie and the white collar had a huge piece of the pie and every department had like 10 supervisors. Don't be silly if they got rid of all of the union labor and hired scabs saving millions your new truck isn't going to be any cheaper they'll just give the college educated folk which are entitled a better bonus.

Cannot let this thread die without thanking Ello for this post. I didn't see it originally and now I know why as the OP said s/he edited their post.

All I can add to this is amen my fellow Union brother (or sister)! Proud CWA Local 1104 member here.

The one thing I never hear about having issues is Toyota or Honda. All my friends who buy brand new Hondas or Toyotas never complain one bit about their cars but that is what they are known for. Quality and reliability.

Toyota and Honda aren't perfect either. How about the Takata airbags in all those Hondas?

I owned Toyota, Mazda and Hondas (also Subaru, VW and Saab) prior to getting an Explorer, which was my first US branded car. For example, our Toyota Sienna LTD which had continuous problems with the sliding doors (one side only) if there was ice; problems with rear power hatch; side trim piece was replaced a few times as it would partially detach; replace the windshield weather stripping twice. On the other hand, my 2004 Highlander had nary a problem other than regular maintenance.

Subaru is known for its reliability but my next door neighbor had to have his Outback transmission replaced three times. Still, he kept it until he replaced it with a Forester.

No brand is immune to QC issues but some have less # of problems per 100 vehicles than others.

The one thing I never hear about having issues is Toyota or Honda. All my friends who buy brand new Hondas or Toyotas never complain one bit about their cars but that is what they are known for. Quality and reliability.

And to support this claim, Toyota trucks tend to keep a more stable and higher resale value, in addition to the fact whenever watching documentaries or even news in foreign countries where conditions are harsh, such as deserts, etc., they are more times than not driving Toyota's because they are extremely durable and reliable vehicles.

Well hello everyone

I posted a while back about my 2014 Explorer doors that would misaligned when the weather got cold...
Hello reymar,

Let me get this escalated. Please PM your full name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number. I’ll loop in a customer service manager for your region to assist! :thumbsup:

I can agree with peter on that yes, these things do happen. I've had to take my Explorer alone to the dealership like 10+ times for quality crap...

If you don't want to hear about "it happens" then I'd recommend not posting because that is frankly the truth. I randomly started having a ding come up on my F350 that is 18 months olds...
Hey guys,

What’s the current status on your vehicles? Also, are they still experiencing symptoms? If so, please PM your VIN and mileage. I’ll be happy to take a look! :)

Tricia

Yes, "stuff happens". What I will say is stuff has happened more with my Ex than my 2009 Escape as well as my Saab and the BMW I had before that. My GMC Jimmy was worse than the Ex the first 3 years, and then what pretty good for the next 13 years as they seemed to fix everything early on.

What gets me is Ford not fixing known problems. I have a 2011 and got the roof leak and the costly out of pocket on the hood paint issue.

These problems were still occurring on 2014 and 2015 vehicles. That to me is completely unacceptable. And yes, the panels inside and out do not align well for an above average priced vehicle - and that has not gotten fixed up to 2016.

The 2016 has a new roof rack that hopefully solved the leaks, but I'm not holding my breath on the hood paint bubbles and the OP is pointing out the same body panel issues for the 2016.

A lot of people never buy the first year or two of production so an auto maker can getting the kinks out. The problem with Ford is don't seem to care about getting the kinks out.

One reason I went with Ford is they did get very good quality reviews in the 20007-2010 range, and my 2009 Escape has been fine. That has changed. The quality reviews have been down since 2011, and that to me is a management issue in the quality control department. Something happened. Retirements of good people. Fewer inspectors to cut costs, but something is going on where quality is down and they can't seem to fix recurring issues over years of production.

Toyota and Honda aren't perfect either. How about the Takata airbags in all those Hondas?

I owned Toyota, Mazda and Hondas (also Subaru, VW and Saab) prior to getting an Explorer, which was my first US branded car. For example, our Toyota Sienna LTD which had continuous problems with the sliding doors (one side only) if there was ice; problems with rear power hatch; side trim piece was replaced a few times as it would partially detach; replace the windshield weather stripping twice. On the other hand, my 2004 Highlander had nary a problem other than regular maintenance.

Subaru is known for its reliability but my next door neighbor had to have his Outback transmission replaced three times. Still, he kept it until he replaced it with a Forester.

No brand is immune to QC issues but some have less # of problems per 100 vehicles than others.

I couldn't agree more. I am just a little guy who works out of his garage at home for the last 25 years but I work on everything and everything has issues. I've owned Fords, Dodges, Jeep, GM, Honda and a Geo Metro that was the best little car I have ever owned. However, I have had issues with all of them. I go with whatever is out there that meets my current needs. I'm going with Ford this time because the Explorer fits our needs better than anything else and I like the fact they didn't take any government bailout money. I do have to say I will go domestic first if I can.

This guy bought a Jeep in Australia, and it would die on him constantly.

and not to mention when Dodge first released the Durango and it was used for a parade in DC:

It could be worse. A lot worse.

WTF is that supposed to mean!!! I'm a proud member of local 164 Ibew electrical Union and I have to say I will put gun to my head the quality of our work compared to any scab any day. I have minimal knowledge of the auto workers union but in general it's sad how all the anti union propaganda has worked in this country. Yes back in the day unions were run mostly by mafias and there was a certain mentality but that has drastically changed. Yes there are some guys in our union halls that they do suck but guess what there the ones that are always out of work. We are trained meaning our work quality cant even be compared to non Union, contrary to the propaganda our work gets done faster than non Union and we don't cut corners. It's very sad after all the unions have done for this country (40 hr work week, 5 Day Work week, Safety to name a few) some people still blame us for problems.

That rant being said specifically speaking about auto unions I find that your cars issues are caused by the "lazy union worker" hard to believe. If someone half ***** something there should still be quality control to inspect the issue before the vehicle rolls out of the factory. Seems to me more likely that there given inferior parts to put together and when they fail blame the over paid Union workers. It killed me when the American companies were in financial hell and theybtriedbto blame the workers but meanwhile they had a very small piece of the pie and the white collar had a huge piece of the pie and every department had like 10 supervisors. Don't be silly if they got rid of all of the union labor and hired scabs saving millions your new truck isn't going to be any cheaper they'll just give the college educated folk which are entitled a better bonus.

Union rhetoric at its best.....nauseating.....:mattmoon:

Union rhetoric at its best.....nauseating.....:mattmoon:

Lol, pretty sure Henry Ford brought us the 40 hour work week, and we all know how much he liked unions.

No troll Halwg, but your not knowing anything about what I've been through with Ford look up... 2014 Explorer Door Alignment on this forum and get a better understanding.
I don't think you are trolling, but why in the world would you go back and buy another Explorer if you had such issues and poor service? That's a rhetorical question. No need to answer. I suspect though that Ford thought if they "fired" you as a customer, you would go to another brand.

There are many minor things about my Explorer that bother me - all of them related to MFT, which you don't even have. Would I buy another right now? Oh, hell no. The MFT replacement has to come out and be proven ready for the masses before I consider it.

There are many things I like about the vehicle. So I'll likely buy another - just not any time soon.

Ford Service called him on it. I bet he never contacts them.

Again with Halwg if you want to put your money where your mouth is........

Now on to dco I have had Ford's all my life and never encountered one like my 2014 my list is econoline van( I doubt Halwg knows what that is), Fairlane, Ranger, Ranger /flair fenders, Explorer Sports Trac, Explorer and never had any major problems like that 2014 and now the 2016. I have been a loyal Ford customer so I thought stupid me the 2014 was a fluke but here I am again.

Back