Wanted - Explorer 5.0 2001 enigine swap help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted Explorer 5.0 2001 enigine swap help

Parts or services wanted

2oosmooth

Reaction score
i am changin out my old 4.0 enigne out of my 2001 explorer sport trac and swapping it out with a 2001 5.0 ford explorer engine. i have done a little research on the modification i have performed everything properly. the engine is already installed and i think im having computer issues bc i cant get the key to turn over due to a PATTS system. any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

swapped PCM & ignition key?

Assuming that you installed a V8 PCM did you obtain the matching ignition key and cylinder? PATS compares the chip code on the ignition key to the code stored in the PCM. If they don't match then the THEFT light will rapidly flash when cranking the starter. If you're trying to use the V6 key then the PCM will have to be programmed for the key by a PATS capable locksmith or the dealer. On my 2000 Sport using the wrong key allows the starter to crank but the PCM disables the fuel injectors. It may be different on your vehicle.

Back