• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Build Help.

Aluminum

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer XLT
I sold my first explorer in order to to do some modifications to my new truck, Now i miss my Ex and am interested in building a 3rd gen/trail rig. I'm looking to gather ideas and come up with prices so I know what and how much I need to start my build. So lift opinions, gear opinions, locker vs lsd, wheel and tires size and brand opinions, roof rack opinions, brush guard opinions, auxiliary light opinions. Looking for ideas. (Not doing SAS or Coilover conversion.)

Read through the threads in here... There are a few different options with coil spacers and body lifts... I just did the 2.5`front and 2`rear spacers and a 3`body lift on mine I fit 285-75R16 on stock rims and love the look... You loose alot of droop in the suspension so off road might not be all that great... If I was to do another off road rig I would do another 99 and SAS it like my old one... it rocked off road... My 02 is my wifes rig and she just wanted the look...

yeah +1 for a 2nd gen...you can lift leaf spring much easier with add a leaf anf shackles than out independent suspension trucks

Back