Explorer doesn't crank | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cannon980

Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 explorer XLT
My sister drove her car to work parked it and turned it off, hours later after work she got back into her car went to start it up, the lights worked, the radio works, the engine didn't turn over, replaced the starter and starter solenoid (both 1 piece) with new parts, still didn't turn over, changed out the starter relay with a new one, still nothing, I got a check light, checked the starter wires, the bigger wire lit up constantly while the little wire wouldn't light up, got her to try turning it on while I was checking the wire and it still didn't light, so the last thing I can think of checking is the neutral safety switch but I have no idea how to check that without just replacing it, any comments or suggestions is very appreciated!!! Also there isn't any security lights on the dash showing up if that helps narrow it down.

It could be the ignition switch. Try to check the battery and alternator also.

check the small wire on the side of the fender solenoid turn ignition switch to start and see if you have power there if not it is probably the neutral safety switch

roscoe

Back