• Register Today It's free!

Explorer door handle recall

trump

Reaction score
City, State
Monongahela,Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
I made the appointment to take my 13 Exp in for the recall 3 weeks ago. I took it in on Friday. After about a half hour they told me that they had to order new passenger door handle. I can't believe that they don't have the parts in stock for the recall. Is this the way that the dealer gets paid twice instead of once by Ford?
I had problems with the same dealer when I bought my previous Exp. I bought the extended warranty and had transmission problems. It was in and out of their service dept for two years and finally repaired when the warranty was going to expire.
I this normal for dealers not to have parts to replace a known problem just to have you coming back?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If they have to replace the actual door handle, no they will not stock that normally. They should have the plugs that fill the void in the handle if the handle is not already damaged.

Not usually. For our dealership parts are usually available overnight. No we don't get paid twice the only thing they try to stock is the stuff we sell everyday but I am concerned on that customers saftey even though it is unlikely to happen. But most dealerships don't have that big of a parts department unless they are big big city dealership such as Sam pack 5 star. So I would call it common, plus your vehicle isn't the only one with cheap plastic recall syndrome. The fusions have to have all 4 outside handles replaced and it takes every bit of half a day to do if your a good tech.

So have you got them????? whats the update now, do let me know about that

So have you got them????? whats the update now, do let me know about that
I assume you have a 1990 Explorer. All your profile shows is 1990, no model or trim level. Please update. Thanks.
The recall notice is for certain 2011 - 2013 Explorers only.

Peter

Back