Explorer Express hood scoop (pictures) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Express hood scoop (pictures)

Got my hood scoop last night, installed it tonight. Just wanted to post up some photos for people who would like to see a few more shots of one if they're wary about purchasing. The paint was an EXACT match, it looks like it was a factory option. Overall, I am very pleased.

186_8670.jpg

186_8669.jpg

186_8668.jpg

186_8665.jpg

186_8666.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks cool to me

oh yeah that looks sweet,why go with that upose to a cowl inducted hood?or ram air setup?

I'm not a huge fan of the looks of the cowl hood, and i didn't want to spend the money for an entire new hood. For now, this is a non-functional scoop. I just don't have the balls to cut into my perfectly good hood. Maybe a few years down the road, but for now I'll have to be mildly ricerish and leave it non functional.

looks good

I wish someone would make a Cobra R hood or just a bond on Cobra R scoop.

I think the cowl hood is way over done. And after all it's a Chevy scoop.

Wow--you got huge. I'll keep an eye out for you this fall.

Have you given any thought to not being able to fit in the garages in the city? :D

Wow--you got huge. I'll keep an eye out for you this fall.

Have you given any thought to not being able to fit in the garages in the city? :D

It took me a couple of years, but i finally got it done. I'll be parking in main lot all this year, I'm living in the quad. You'll see me, especially when I park in the snowdrifts just because. :D

As for garages, I'm not worried about the ones in the city, I can't even fit in my own damn garage (in the background of the last photo) for any work when it's raining. :D

:thumbsup:

The scoop really makes it look a lot "tougher" and truck like. I like it a lot.

Thanks JT, I agree. Love the scoop. BTW, you like how the bumper sits? ;)

It took me a couple of years, but i finally got it done. I'll be parking in main lot all this year, I'm living in the quad. You'll see me, especially when I park in the snowdrifts just because. :D

As for garages, I'm not worried about the ones in the city, I can't even fit in my own damn garage (in the background of the last photo) for any work when it's raining. :D

Thanks JT, I agree. Love the scoop. BTW, you like how the bumper sits? ;)

Section525 gets the credit for the bumper appearance:thumbsup:

I can't see my part, but I know it's there, and will be longer than I'll be around:thumbsup:

i like it alot,
i am now seriously considering it

wher'd u get this sweet color matched hoodscoop?

says explorer express in the title, didnt notice it at first either
just looked it up on there site...you can buy them painted or primed

Back