Explorer Express Supercharger Kit 5.0 V8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Express Supercharger Kit 5.0 V8

I have been talking to explorer express and seeing what it would take for them to make a super charger kit for the 5.0 explorers again. This kit would have a 4th gen blower on it. So it would be a little different then the original kit but not much. So anyways they have given me a number of kits that would have to be sold for them to even make them. So I guess I am here to gauge interest. So who all is interested? I will talk to them about the price and how many units need to be sold for them to do this and then let every one know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What is the "ballpark" price? Lol.

I sent an email to EE as soon as they reply back I will post up that info. I would guess it would cost around what the old kit cost. Maybe some one who bought the old kit could say.

think they ran around the 4K mark. explorer express must be pulling their hair out right now. few months back i was bugging them about parts, and info about them so i could complete mine, now your on their back lol

LOL I'm going to do what ever I can to get me and SC kit.

You know I would except that I put all my money into my off-road toys.

Maybe one day...

The bolt on s/c kits for our explorers are nearly impossible to find anymore. Kudos to vroomzoomboom for finding his kit. I looked for years and when the EE kit was still available, I just couldnt stomach putting out 4 grand to gain 65 hp. There was a member on here I talked with who had a Saleen Expo which has the EE kit and he was making about 275hp at the flywheel. Awesome truck, I gave him an in line fuel pump from my kit that I didnt need, but my truck is no Saleen and couldnt justify the expense. I found my Powerdyne kit for about half the EE kit. It takes up alot of real estate under the hood but has the potential for bigger power gains. Granted I have TMH's, bigger injectors and such. It would be awesome if EE started making the kit again but I always thought the M90 was a little small for the 302. It works but the 112 or 122 would give our motors much bigger hp gains and I see alot of them on ebay at pretty good prices. I would have it rebuilt for piece of mind. I do think its great that your putting forth the effort to get a kit going.
Then again there is always turbo;)

any update on the SC kit. I emailed them a couple days ago and got this response today:

Our problem with the 5.0 X-C is that it was based on the 3rd Gen MP90 which is no longer produced. To use the newer 90 would require a new inlet casting which would be expensive especially since the demand for the 5.0 X-C is low.

When custom parts are manufactured the foundry usually makes a few extra parts in case of defects. When there aren't any defects we get (and pay for) extra parts. When the last group of 50 was sold we had enough castings to put together another 7 kits. We had the CNC and sheetmetal parts made in small quantities to complete the 7. It took 2 years to sell those 7 X-C systems.

So I am wondering if we get a group of us to commit if we can stir there interest in making some money off us

I've been searching for anything that I could install on mine, but if I could get one of these it would be awesome. If not I'll probably just toss a streetable 331 or 347.

Wondering if there is any new news on this

I seem to be late on this...

But as much as I'de like the kit, I think a nice pair of aluminum AFR heads and a truck Comp cam would put the power output around the same, for around $2k less.

I emailed explorer express back and forth a lot and really didn't get any where with it.

Banshee V8 supercharger

I asked Ronald Caster if he had any plans to offer a supercharger kit for the 1st & 2nd generation 5.0L V8. He said not in the foreseeable future. He agrees that the M112 would probably be more appropriate than an M90. He's still working on an intercooler option for the SOHC V6 M90 kit and an M90 kit for the OHV V6. I'm sorry if the title of this post got your hopes up.

Well maybe I should go and talk to him. Im sure we have enfough photos to get him started. And It looks like we have about 15 people on here that would be interested.

And It looks like we have about 15 people on here that would be interested.

until either
A. its time to pay up
or
B. they see the total price

until either
A. its time to pay up
or
B. they see the total price

Lol:rolleyes:
im sure if he produced a m112 IC kit it would draw alot of attention, especially for the ranger 5.0 swap people.

hey, im one of them. if i didnt find my kit for the price i paid i wouldnt have bought it. it was the parts after that added up was the big kick to the reproductive organs

Lol:rolleyes:
im sure if he produced a m112 IC kit it would draw alot of attention, especially for the ranger 5.0 swap people.

Thats why I am here, I want it for my ranger.

There was a guy making m112 kits for 5.0 mustangs but it could be adapted to fit a ranger easily. But he went out of business from what Ive seen

The biggest issue I know about an M112 in our platform is hood clearance. It doesnt go so well. Also coil pack relocation. It takes some messing with to work right

I also know of a few guys that are running the explorer 5.0 in there mustangs and thunderbirds.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats why I am here, I want it for my ranger.

There was a guy making m112 kits for 5.0 mustangs but it could be adapted to fit a ranger easily. But he went out of business from what Ive seen

The biggest issue I know about an M112 in our platform is hood clearance. It doesnt go so well. Also coil pack relocation. It takes some messing with to work right

Thats always going to be an issue for any that are intercooled.but us ranger people can get cowl hoods cheap.I paid $203ish for mine and that was including shipping..

Back