Explorer Express wheel spacers? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Express wheel spacers?

in the next few weeks, im going to be putting cobra r rims on my truck. i dont think ill need wheel spacers (im putting P275 60 R17's on), but im looking into them just in case; ive talked to some people who have the same setup as me and some have the spacers and some just deal with the slight rubbing at full wheel turn. anyways, i have done my homework on this topic, and i know the possible down sides to wheel spacers, but i was just curious if anyone knows anything about the spacers from explorer express? they dont say what size they are, or if theyre the type that just slip over the existing studs, or if they bolt to the existing studs and you bolt your wheels to the new studs on the spacer itself, or tell you anything about the spacers at all. any input here would be great.

thanks in advance.

bump. anybody?

tbomb, far as I know about the wheel spacers from explorer express are the the kinds that slip over the current studs. I think there like about 30 bucks for the pair. The ones have existings studs usually cost a whole lot more. Anywhere from 80-100 bucks each. I also think Williechu posted several postings as far as cobra wheels and spacers in the sport trucks and tire section.

I've got them.

I have the spacers from Explorer Express. They are aluminium rings that slip over the existing studs. One thing to watch out for is to make sure you still have enough thread left exposed for the nuts to hold on to. I haven't put them on yet (they've been sliding around the back of my Explorer for months now), but I'll let you know how they fit as soon as I do.

I'm gonna be putting on 5/16" spacers on the front. Will I need longer studs?

Back