Explorer Forum Dog Memorial Thread | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Explorer Forum Dog Memorial Thread

apoctank

Reaction score
City, State
Stockton, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Limited, 94 Sport
I used to take Aspen on hikes and bike rides in the X, too bad I wasn't into off roading back then as I'm sure he would've loved it. He was very energetic and pretty anxious, but also very smart, extremely loyal and well trained. I don't have plans to adopt another dog right now because I feel like I'd just be trying to get another Aspen and that wouldn't be fair to Aspen or the new dog. Any advice for moving forward?

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
That first picture has the dog's entire personality in it.

I got another dog already. I couldn't stand the house being so empty. I do a lot of solo camping and a large part of the experience has always been having a K9 companion along with me. We adopted a stray from the county shelter. 5 month old German/Anatolion Shepard. He's gained about 20 pounds in the month we have had him.

I thought about everything you mentioned. The main reason I felt I had to get another dog was because my Sasha was such a awesome dog. There are thousands of dogs out there that would love to live a life with me, or you. Dogs are too much of a part of my life to be without one. It has nothing to do with being fair to the memory of a lost and loved pet. They would want you to be happy, that's all dogs really seem to care about is their master being happy. I look at my big goofy puppy and I do get sad sometimes because I am still missing Sasha, but then he does something that makes me smile. Don't let grief interfere with filling that void. I believe that when its my time to go, all the dogs I ever had will be there waiting for me. Part of having a really good dog is knowing that they don't get to hang around here very long, but you will see them again, my friend.