Explorer front clip on a Ranger

Hartman

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 5.0
I like it when the Ranger guys put Explorer front clips on their trucks! Just wished it was black.

P1010113.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its cool, but how much cooler would it be if he's done the bumper conversion and everything with one of our airdams...

If he did that he couldn't lay the front. :confused:

is it just me or does the hood not perfectly line up right

They chose to use the stock Ranger hood instead of swapping in the Explorer hood (a lot more work), that is why the hood doesn't match up perfect. Not really noticable to me though.

How much work is it to put a ranger hood on an explorer? They have a nice selection of aftermarket hoods.

The opening in the bumper on that ranger doesnt look like the opening on the explorer bumpers. Is it just me?

took all that time to replace grill, lights, fenders, and wat not, but no hood? geeze
TODD

Yeah, I could understand if he put on a nicer ranger hood but I think the explorer hood looks better than that one. It's raised up a little more than that one.

I like the look of the newer ranger hoods. My friend has a 2001 and it looks pretty cool.

Putting a Ranger hood on an Explorer would not be easy. See, the fenders are a mix from a Ranger and an Explorer. You have to graft the front part of the Explorer fender to the rear part of the Ranger fender in order for the swap to work. So, you can retain the stock Ranger hood. Putting a Ranger hood on an Explorer would require possibly swapping out the hinges and latch system.

98FordX24, you get that blister on yet?

Originally posted by Hartman
98FordX24, you get that blister on yet?
LOL, I just posted in the EE airdam thread about that.

What if you could put on Ranger fenders & grille & headlights and all. Anyone know if this would work?

Well, if it goes one way, I'm sure it goes the other. Ranger fronts didnt look good until like 99 or so.

I would totally put a 99 ranger front end on my truck.

yea the 99+ ranger fronts are mean lookin.....would look sweet on a lowered X

Dammit, Quit giving me ideas... they cost money!!

on the subject of cool stuff to do.....im going to try to have my exhaust exit out of my rockerpanel mouldings:D

couldnt you physically switch the clips?
i have seen them off off their respective trucks and they look to be basically interchangeable

The fenders are not interchangable. You would have to mold the front part of the Ranger fender to the back part of the Explorer fender because the fenders are not the same. I agree with a 99 Ranger front clip would be awesome.

I dont understand. Why is it that Explorers and Rangers are just a little different? Expeditions and F150's are the same, Tahoes and a fullsize chevy pickup are the same, I'm pretty sure the
blazer and S10 are the same, so why can't Explorers and Rangers be the same? That would really open up a window of mods.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Indeed it would open up quite a window. There really is no explanation.

Back