explorer front grill conversion to mountaineer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

explorer front grill conversion to mountaineer

00MTEDDIE

Reaction score
City, State
Bozeman, MT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 EDDIE
Hey guys,

I have a request for info about converting the front grill on my explorer to a mountaineer. I like the look of how the mountaineer's front grill is. I don't like how the front headlight on my explorer are a two piece design and have the blinker above the headlight assembly anymore. I would really like to know if anyone has done this? Please note any links for conversion instructions and (besides the obvious) parts.

Thanks,
Brett.

Just look at parts, id assume at worst, you would need fenders and hood with front grille assembly.

You need the headlights, grille, turn signals, and to modify the turn signal circuit slightly. one has an extra turn signal bulb.

Check with Eric, who converted his 1999 Sport to a V8 and the Mountaineer grille etc.

99SportX- Eric's 5.0 swap into 99 Sport thread - http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174211

Ive had 3 explorers and have yet to swap to mounty clip. Just know as straight forward as either is, the header panel can be a pain.... well i did it in the dark but a few frustrating hidin bolts. But one you pull one off in the yard youll get it down once its d day.

Back