• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Explorer Grille Emblem Modifications

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Hi, I am quite interested on this question. Anyone has done it on a 2020 Explorer?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Your thread was merged with this one. There are a few members that have changed the Ford emblem.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Lelex

Reaction score
City, State
Roquefort-les-pins
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST-Line
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Your thread was merged with this one. There are a few members that have changed the Ford emblem.

Peter
Thanks !
Did not find that Topic before...

Lelex

Reaction score
City, State
Roquefort-les-pins
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST-Line
First of all, what is the size of the Ford Emblem on the 2020 Explorer? Front and back please... I will receive my Explorer in 2 months, so I don’t have the opportunity of measuring it. And I see so many sizes available on eBay or Alliexpress, that I don’t which to look for...
I love the full matte black, but it is less easy to find... Or the the regular in black.
If you have any advice, and sellers, with a shipment to France, that would help ;-)
Thanks !!

Lelex

Reaction score
City, State
Roquefort-les-pins
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST-Line
I know some of you saw this pic I posted months ago. I love the black and red ones that you’ve installed but if your lazy like me these carbon fiber look overlays really are holding up well. I power wash my florida bugs off all the time and they are absolutely on forever.
Hi Jim,

That’s exactly the style I want on my Explorer. Can you tell me where you managed to get this overlay? Is it also available on the tailgate?

Thanks a lot !

Rrizzo123

Reaction score
City, State
Franklin Square
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Welcome to the Forum Robert. :wave:

Peter

quickfix

Reaction score
City, State
Adrift in Nova Scotia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020, Explorer XLT 202A
I'm keen on the Blue Oval. But then, my Explorer is Atlas Blue.

quickfix

Reaction score
City, State
Adrift in Nova Scotia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020, Explorer XLT 202A
You are dreaming. Atlas Blue is for the ST only, not XLT. Unless they changed something.
I've no idea where you got that idea from.
Nothing's changed. Atlas Blue was offered on all trims levels, except for the Base and Platinum, and is on my window sticker.
20200506_201228.jpg

Here she is the day before we took her home in May '20.
20200506_201209.jpg

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3

Sgt1411

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
VanBC/GoodyearAZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer ST
Callsign
PRINCE51
I didn't want to remove the entire front clip to get at the emblem attachments. I tried having my kid get her tiny arms up inside from the bottom openings but almost impossible to get leverage, plus her wrists looked all cut up like a weekend sleepover with Demi Levato. So I did they lazy man's badge removal from the front grill. Lined up the new black emblem pins onto the face of the installed blue one (black emblem comes now standard on Timberline model) Then drilled two holes through the front of the emblem and it falls right right off. Just a note on the attachment points. They are push pin nuts not screw on, there are no threads on the emblem pins that push through the grille.
I then used some PL400 construction adhesive and put the black Timberline emblem on. Tried some double sided Alien tape but didn't hold.

IMG_3142.jpg

IMG_3141.jpg

IMG_3140.jpg

IMG_3139.jpg

IMG_3138.jpg