Explorer Grille Emblem Modifications | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Grille Emblem Modifications

Hi, I am quite interested on this question. Anyone has done it on a 2020 Explorer?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Your thread was merged with this one. There are a few members that have changed the Ford emblem.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Your thread was merged with this one. There are a few members that have changed the Ford emblem.

Peter
Thanks !
Did not find that Topic before...

First of all, what is the size of the Ford Emblem on the 2020 Explorer? Front and back please... I will receive my Explorer in 2 months, so I don’t have the opportunity of measuring it. And I see so many sizes available on eBay or Alliexpress, that I don’t which to look for...
I love the full matte black, but it is less easy to find... Or the the regular in black.
If you have any advice, and sellers, with a shipment to France, that would help ;-)
Thanks !!

I know some of you saw this pic I posted months ago. I love the black and red ones that you’ve installed but if your lazy like me these carbon fiber look overlays really are holding up well. I power wash my florida bugs off all the time and they are absolutely on forever.
Hi Jim,

That’s exactly the style I want on my Explorer. Can you tell me where you managed to get this overlay? Is it also available on the tailgate?

Thanks a lot !

Welcome to the Forum Robert. :wave:

Peter

I'm keen on the Blue Oval. But then, my Explorer is Atlas Blue.

You are dreaming. Atlas Blue is for the ST only, not XLT. Unless they changed something.
I've no idea where you got that idea from.
Nothing's changed. Atlas Blue was offered on all trims levels, except for the Base and Platinum, and is on my window sticker.
20200506_201228.jpg

Here she is the day before we took her home in May '20.
20200506_201209.jpg

I didn't want to remove the entire front clip to get at the emblem attachments. I tried having my kid get her tiny arms up inside from the bottom openings but almost impossible to get leverage, plus her wrists looked all cut up like a weekend sleepover with Demi Levato. So I did they lazy man's badge removal from the front grill. Lined up the new black emblem pins onto the face of the installed blue one (black emblem comes now standard on Timberline model) Then drilled two holes through the front of the emblem and it falls right right off. Just a note on the attachment points. They are push pin nuts not screw on, there are no threads on the emblem pins that push through the grille.
I then used some PL400 construction adhesive and put the black Timberline emblem on. Tried some double sided Alien tape but didn't hold.

IMG_3142.jpg

IMG_3141.jpg

IMG_3140.jpg

IMG_3139.jpg

IMG_3138.jpg

I didn't want to remove the entire front clip to get at the emblem attachments. I tried having my kid get her tiny arms up inside from the bottom openings but almost impossible to get leverage, plus her wrists looked all cut up like a weekend sleepover with Demi Levato. So I did they lazy man's badge removal from the front grill. Lined up the new black emblem pins onto the face of the installed blue one (black emblem comes now standard on Timberline model) Then drilled two holes through the front of the emblem and it falls right right off. Just a note on the attachment points. They are push pin nuts not screw on, there are no threads on the emblem pins that push through the grille.
I then used some PL400 construction adhesive and put the black Timberline emblem on. Tried some double sided Alien tape but didn't hold.

View attachment 342298

View attachment 342299

View attachment 342300

View attachment 342301

View attachment 342302
Hey Sarge, how has this held up after being on over a year? Any issues?

Installed Ford blackout badges on my 2021 Ex. I followed the drill out method and glued the emblem on. Looks better black than with the blue badge, IMO.

Blackout Front.jpg Blackout Rear.jpg

Back