"Explorer' Hood Letters | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

"Explorer' Hood Letters

grrtrainman

Reaction score
City, State
Western Mass, (summer), & SW Florida, (winter).
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 Limited 4WD 302A Tow
Anyone out here have ANY idea when we'll be able to order the black "Explorer" hood letters, (as featured on the new 2013 Sport model) ??? You'd think the Sport is already in production, (Fall of this year).

I believe the part number is 42528L . :scratch:

Thanks guys!

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

13Sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
It hasn't gone to production yet... I don't believe any orders have been assigned VIN's or been scheduled for build yet. I am waiting patiently, and I think I'm one of the earlier ones here.

<

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
It hasn't gone to production yet... I don't believe any orders have been assigned VIN's or been scheduled for build yet. I am waiting patiently, and I think I'm one of the earlier ones here.
I saw a photo somewhere on this Forum of a member's Explorer and it had the lettering on the hood.

Peter

<

grrtrainman

Reaction score
City, State
Western Mass, (summer), & SW Florida, (winter).
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 Limited 4WD 302A Tow
Peter: yup, I saw that too. Those chrome / black letters can be purchased on line or at some auto stores. IMHO, it's gotta be easier to apply the factory letters because of spacing, curve, and alignment issues. Gonna have to just wait a while,

David

<

13Sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
<

<