• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Explorer Hood Letters

zepeda3252

Reaction score
City, State
Mission Hils, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
I’m planning to place the hood badge “Explorer” on my white xlt. Anybody know which part number comes on the sports?

The dealer sells two, an all black one(lb5z16606a) and a grayish/black tone(db5z16606a).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
There is no 2020 Sport. It the ST. ;) While waiting for an answer, check out the pictures here; 6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread It looks like Black is what is being used. I suppose you can use either colour. Depending upon your vehicle's colour, the grayish may look better.

Peter

zepeda3252

Reaction score
City, State
Mission Hils, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
There is no 2020 Sport. It the ST. ;) While waiting for an answer, check out the pictures here; 6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread It looks like Black is what is being used. I suppose you can use either colour. Depending upon your vehicle's colour, the grayish may look better.

Peter
That’s what meant😅
I can’t make out If the black or grayish will look nicer on white.

JimST

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 explorer ST
I’m planning to place the hood badge “Explorer” on my white xlt. Anybody know which part number comes on the sports?

The dealer sells two, an all black one(lb5z16606a) and a grayish/black tone(db5z16606a).
My own opinion is you will be sorry! The first time I hand washed our ST was enough for me. The wash mit caught under the very sharp letters. Then came the drying with microfiber towels! By the next morning they were gone. Just my humble opinion! Jim

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
My own opinion is you will be sorry! The first time I hand washed our ST was enough for me. The wash mit caught under the very sharp letters. Then came the drying with microfiber towels! By the next morning they were gone. Just my humble opinion! Jim
Not surprised Jim. :)

Peter

Mikey*TX

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Liv'n in the hollow of an 'ol oak tree. ;-)
City, State
Skunk Hollow, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 EXP ST Blk
That’s what meant😅
I can’t make out If the black or grayish will look nicer on white.
A friend has a white ST with the black letters. It rocks.