• Register Today It's free!

Explorer mods have started

2damslo

Reaction score
City, State
Southern Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Base
Finally started on the explorer mods With Auto vent visors, Led headlight setup, added led fog lights, Blacked out the grill, added the explorer letters along with H&R springs and Niche 22in wheels
th_IMG_0791_zpsrc619v9c.jpg
20170115_195939_zps7zfrvgij.jpg
20170115_201911_zpsebulan19.jpg
20170115_224628_zpstrbswntq.jpg
20170115_211703_zpsmcxbgkxr.jpg
20170115_231145_zpsvyd69jzx.jpg
20170116_144805_zpsxeaefse4.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
How are you attempting to load your pictures? The easiest way is to take out a $20 Elite membership and you can use the "Upload a File" options available with eavh post. You will be able to post directly from your device. This will also save them to our servers. The other option is to use a 3rd party posting site like Photobucket but those pictures have a habit of disappearing after a period of time.
Also, please complete your profile by adding the trim level of the Explorer to it. It will then show in the margin every time you post. That can at times be very helpful info.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
How are you attempting to load your pictures? The easiest way is to take out a $20 Elite membership and you can use the "Upload a File" options available with eavh post. You will be able to post directly from your device. This will also save them to our servers. The other option is to use a 3rd party posting site like Photobucket but those pictures have a habit of disappearing after a period of time.
Also, please complete your profile by adding the trim level of the Explorer to it. It will then show in the margin every time you post. That can at times be very helpful info.

Peter

Yes. It's about a nickel a day. I think I spent more on breakfast today than what it costs to be a Elite Explorer in this forums :p

Looking good. How did you find the process of removing the front grill? I've only found one post that covered removing just the center grill piece without doing the whole front fascia/bumper. That described removing the screws across the top, and then reaching in to get to four somewhat trickier nuts from behind the grill. Was that your experience or did you find a better / easier way?

I pulled the front bumper cover off its not bad took about 15 mins or so to pull the bumper cover hardest part was taking the grill off without breaking any of the tabs. There is screws across the top, bottom, and
one in each fender well under the wheel well trim

Yes. It's about a nickel a day. I think I spent more on breakfast today than what it costs to be a Elite Explorer in this forums :p
Thank you for taking out a membership that also helps to support the Forum. Once a year during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday time frame Rick will offer a 2 for 1 membership deal so you can get 2 years for that price.:D

Peter

Looking good. How did you find the process of removing the front grill? I've only found one post that covered removing just the center grill piece without doing the whole front fascia/bumper. That described removing the screws across the top, and then reaching in to get to four somewhat trickier nuts from behind the grill. Was that your experience or did you find a better / easier way?
Welcome to the Forum and thank you as well for becoming an Elite member.:wave:

Peter

Which Niche wheels are those? The Misano? And what tire size did you go with?

Targa and 265/40/22 as the height are within .001in of the factory tire

Thank you and yes in Anthracite with a polished stainless steel lip

Thank you and yes in Anthracite with a polished stainless steel lip

Looks good!

Have you had polished lips on a vehicle before? I had them on my Infiniti which I drove everyday and I promised myself I will never do it again. Anytime they get wet I would have to wipe them down or they would look like crap. If it was raining and the rain pooled up on the lip it would leave water marks which had to be polished out. After a couple years they started to pit and I had to spend hours sanding and re-polishing them.

I would recommend getting a clear coat put on the lip to protect them, or avoid bad weather with them!

Just some friendly advice!

Sorry, forgot to ask if those are 22x9s? Do you know the offsets? I like how the tires fit; not too thin.

Yes 22x9 and not sure of the offset and i don't see it in the paper work anywhere if i find out i will let you know

Back