Explorer named top 10 iconic cars of past 25 years | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer named top 10 iconic cars of past 25 years

VCOSH28

Reaction score
City, State
Waterloo, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 and 98 Explorer EB

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dislike or hate most of those cars but I think it's pretty good. I'll remember all those :D

Link does not work on Google Chrome, must use Internet Explorer.

Says 91-94.. picture of a 95-97. Typical Yahoo Autos..

other than the lousy fuel economy, we love ours. i plan to keep them on the road as long as i can. i discount the lousy gas mileage by the fact that i have no car payments, don't pay much for insurance or in taxes.

other than the lousy fuel economy, we love ours. i plan to keep them on the road as long as i can. i discount the lousy gas mileage by the fact that i have no car payments, don't pay much for insurance or in taxes.

It's honestly not even that bad. Close to 20mpg and I can tow 3 tons, and fit down jeep trails. :D

It's honestly not even that bad. Close to 20mpg and I can tow 3 tons, and fit down jeep trails. :D

no, it's not that bad for it's day and on flat hi-way i've seen 22-23 MPG if i really nurse it. it's just with today's car's capable of getting 40+ i get jealous, but they can't come close to the utility and room in the Exp. i could never drive one of those econo-boxes. i ran into a friend of mine at the recycling center last week and he was going on about how his ugly little car could get close to 50 MPG, i told him that might be true, but that i needed something more manly.

Mine doesn't get quite that good but it does fit down jeep trails- and that's mostly what I use it for. My Mariner gets the miles- wish it would get better than 22 mpg. But it's quiet, easy to drive and comfortable.

Tru Dat' Brother:thumbsup:

Mine doesn't get quite that good but it does fit down jeep trails- and that's mostly what I use it for. My Mariner gets the miles- wish it would get better than 22 mpg. But it's quiet, easy to drive and comfortable.

I'm getting a solid 18 with a good but of city driving. 4.0 ohv 2wd turning 31" muds
I got the ranger for better mpg. Gets 30~32 and it's stupid easy to park. It's like a go cart lol but it's always breaking down and girls don't like it. Nor can I tow with it or go wheeling
Idk how many other people plan on it but I'll be keeping my x forever. It's iconic to me and my friends :D

Yeah, I've got more into mine than it's worth. I have no plans to get rid of it- just improve it. I was on the trail yesterday and there were 8 Wranglers. If you've seen one Wrangler you've pretty much seen them all. Even the wildly modified ones don't do anything for me.

Yeah, I've got more into mine than it's worth. I have no plans to get rid of it- just improve it. I was on the trail yesterday and there were 8 Wranglers. If you've seen one Wrangler you've pretty much seen them all. Even the wildly modified ones don't do anything for me.

Yup, same with Tacos. Everyone and their brother has one. I don't get it, what makes it cool if you can buy everything and look on google to do whatever you want. And nothing makes em special. I did the brakes on a 4runner yesterday... took 5.5 hours. Granted the parts store gave me the wrong rotors so maybe 5 hours. But rotors and pads on an explorer takes half that. Every damn bolt was stuck, all the rotors where stuck, pad pins stuck, e-brake broke trying to get the rotor off, seriously it was a mess. Oh and the 4runner.... a 2007 thats never left Georgia. :scratch: I will say though, it sure was a smooth, quiet ride

I'm getting a solid 18 with a good but of city driving. 4.0 ohv 2wd turning 31" muds
I got the ranger for better mpg. Gets 30~32 and it's stupid easy to park. It's like a go cart lol but it's always breaking down and girls don't like it. Nor can I tow with it or go wheeling
Idk how many other people plan on it but I'll be keeping my x forever. It's iconic to me and my friends :D

For sure. My friend and I spontaneously went to the junk yard to pick up an 8.8 for his wrangler and I had my Explorer. The junkyard was like a sheet of ice plus snow in a lot of places. I asked the guy if I should bring my truck to where the axle was. He was like "you can try"...
It was on! Threw her in 4x4 and let my rear locker push me along. I had to back into snow to where it was and I said to my buddy 5 bucks I can get this out in 2x4. No problem.. I love my ex!

Back