• Register Today It's free!

Explorer on Order

sterry05

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
Time to get of my backside and post my first thread.....

2013 Explorer Limited ordered on Dec 3rd. Kodiak Brown, Black/Pecan interior, 302A with pretty much all the goodies (moonroof, DVD...).
Dealer sent VIN yesterday...sadly, no window sticker available. Not that I haven't been checking every 3 minutes........;)

Can't wait for that new car, I mean SUV, smell. Last time was in 1997 when we took delivery of our 97 Expedition....going into withdrawls, I think.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Downloaded window sticker today. If I read correctly, build day set for Jan 28.

Time to get of my backside and post my first thread.....

2013 Explorer Limited ordered on Dec 3rd. Kodiak Brown, Black/Pecan interior, 302A with pretty much all the goodies (moonroof, DVD...).
Dealer sent VIN yesterday...sadly, no window sticker available. Not that I haven't been checking every 3 minutes........;)

Can't wait for that new car, I mean SUV, smell. Last time was in 1997 when we took delivery of our 97 Expedition....going into withdrawls, I think.

Sounds like an awesome ride, sterry05! Just a heads up - I responded to your PM. I'll be happy to give you weekly updates on your Explorer's status. Just send me a PM when you're ready for news.

Crystal

Thanks Crystal! I'll check with you for an update next week. Have a great weekend.

Steve

So here is an update.

The dealership calls last night with "good" news and "bad".....the Explorer is in! YIPPEEE!!

The bad news.....the passenger side mirror is broken....Going to see it today and may be able to bring it home. I'm told it will be replaced, to which I responded that I wouldn't expect anything less....

So here is an update.

The dealership calls last night with "good" news and "bad".....the Explorer is in! YIPPEEE!!

The bad news.....the passenger side mirror is broken....Going to see it today and may be able to bring it home. I'm told it will be replaced, to which I responded that I wouldn't expect anything less....

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Steve! I'm certain your dealership will get this quickly resolved for you. I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures when your Explorer makes it home. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Explorer has arrived...more or less in one piece...

Here it is....busted mirror and all :eek:. (will be replaced next week :D)

0133.jpg

0201.jpg

0081.jpg

0092.jpg

0114.jpg

:salute:

Hope this worked....

Here it is....busted mirror and all :eek:. (will be replaced next week :D)...

Awesome looking Explorer, sterry05. I love the interior you chose - it looks super sharp. Let me know how the mirror repair goes. If you need my assistance I'm always just a PM away.

Crystal

Back