• Register Today It's free!

explorer parts to u.s.a.

chrisquelch

Reaction score
City, State
fareham hants
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 northface
well i never thought this would happen but i have just sold explorer parts (rear fog lights and surrounds )to a guy in u.s.a. they don't have fog lights in the rear bumpers over there

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how many sets do you have Chris?, enough to solve the balance of trade deficit :D

hi uncle mike there red fog warning lights there a legal requirment over here.so fords fitted them into the rear bumper. .cheers chris

hi jim iam working on it but at my prices i need to sell more than one set to get the trade balance right.cheers chris

It's VERY common in the focus world to buy all the focus parts from the UK. Everything about the Euro focus has always been cooler than the US one.

hi uncle mike there red fog warning lights there a legal requirment over here.so fords fitted them into the rear bumper. .cheers chris

Thanks for the info Chris:thumbsup: I was wondering if in the UK the fog got that thick, but after your explaining it, it makes sense!

Usually I like being first, but I wouldn't mind being the second one to have you send something across the pond if you could get me some Euro-spec headlamp mounts for a 91-94. All we have over here is the assemblies that come with the plastic lamp attached, that uses a 9004 bulb. I sure would like some assemblies that let me mount 200mm glass lens E-codes with H4 bulbs, but use the stock signals and reflectors.

I imagine they are discontinued or were never available as a replacement part, though.

attachment.php

I'm guessing they just use a early mounty rear bumper

Usually I like being first, but I wouldn't mind being the second one to have you send something across the pond if you could get me some Euro-spec headlamp mounts for a 91-94. All we have over here is the assemblies that come with the plastic lamp attached, that uses a 9004 bulb. I sure would like some assemblies that let me mount 200mm glass lens E-codes with H4 bulbs, but use the stock signals and reflectors.

I imagine they are discontinued or were never available as a replacement part, though.

attachment.php

hi anime
there are not many pre 1996 explorers over here as ford only sold them here between 96 and 01.so the chanses of getting the parts you want from the uk are low to zero. cheers chris

Rear fogs

I'm not sure, but if you shipped them to Oregon, I may be the guy you sold them to. I didn't use the Mountaineer bumper on mine. I had a body shop cut the holes into my original bumper. They're wired up so I can use them as fog lights, or so they come on with the brake lights. (Which is how I use them most of the time) They're pretty bright and they work really well!

P5280041a.jpg

Ah, this thread.

Looks good, much safer too.

Ay up Chris.
Slip me a couple of brand new rear shocks in your suitcase mate. Lol.
Kev.

Now, now Chris,
You're supposed to drive a rental like you stole it..... not sell parts off it!!!

And whilst your over there you could buy a couple of oom12 kits to sell once back. They are small and light!!
(I don't need one by the way but i'm sure others do)

oo thats a point... put me down for an oom12 kit!!

thats a good idea, i'll take a oom12 kit mate.

Back