Explorer Police Interceptor | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Police Interceptor

Okay, I was going to post up these videos but gladly did a search first. Now tell me, are the Police Explorers special ordered to have the 3.7? I thought they were only offered with the 3.5 V6 and then later the 2.0 I4 Ecoboost???

I looked through the links to see if there was anything about the 3.7, but nothing shows up?

Also, no one can out run the radio in a police vehicle, so it doesn't matter how fast the criminals car is:)

Edit: It's in fact a mistake, only available with the 3.5 V6(explorer).
http://www.ford.com/fordpoliceinterceptor/#/models/utility/enginespecs

The 3.7L Mustang V6 300HP is officially the Interceptor Utility motor, trust me.

It was only announced last week to the Ford Police Advisory Board and it will be officially announced shortly.

It was in the Interceptor Utility at LASD COPS WEST Vehicle Testing this past October.

If you attend an upcoming "ride and drive" it will be in those test mules as well.

The 3.7L Mustang V6 300HP is officially the Interceptor Utility motor, trust me.

It was only announced last week to the Ford Police Advisory Board and it will be officially announced shortly.

It was in the Interceptor Utility at LASD COPS WEST Vehicle Testing this past October.

If you attend an upcoming "ride and drive" it will be in those test mules as well.

Any idea on why they would go with the 3.7 instead of just leaving the 3.5 in? I doubt the 3.7 has a lot of gain over the 3.5 because if you compare the 3.5 to the 3.7 in the Edge, the 3.5 is actually faster than the Sport 3.7(the 22's on the Sport slow it down).

Either way, a little more power is always a good thing:D

Back