Explorer SAS Questions

Green94limited

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City, Mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer Limited
Hello all,
Just picked up a 92 today for a decent price that already has a Dana 30 swapped into the front out of a TJ. The issue im trying to resolve is the fact that it drives absolutely terrible. Bumps in the road/cornering have it wandering all over the place. On corners you can hear tires screeching like alignment is off.Front seems very very soft so I don't think that helps at all, Old owner claimed it has 5.5 in xj lift springs up front. It's a 3 link setup. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated as I've owned several 1st gen explorers but none with a SAS.
Also I know the Dana 30 isn't the best choice but it's gonna stay in there for now. I don't do a ton of heavy wheeling/crawling so I think it'll be fine.

Screenshot_20210709-230219_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210709-230203_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210709-230150_Facebook.jpg

The heims could have some slop.
I would get an alignment and have the caster angle checked.

Does it have a track bar? If not, then that’s your problem. I only see the control arms and the drivers 3rd link..

It looks to have a track bar. I had to really zoom in to see it. Check that by having someone pull on the bumper in a side to side motion while you look for any slop or unusual movements in the components

Back