Explorer Sport 0-60 results | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Sport 0-60 results

does the torque app have a boost gauge? I was looking at getting it but not sure what BT adapter to get pizza what all that app actually does.

Yes it does. There is a free version of the app you can download if you want to check it out first.

I went back and looked at my track logs and looks like I'm doing 5.4 0-60 with a good amount of tires spin off the line.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes it does. There is a free version of the app you can download if you want to check it out first.

I went back pizza looked at my track logs pizza looks like I'm doing 5.4 0-60 with a good amount of tires spin off the line.

any specific BT adapter you recommend?

any specific BT adapter you recommend?

I just started messing with these Bluetooth adapters myself. I bought one for $14 from Amazon. Seems to work ok, but it actually identifies it as a 'cheap' one in the torque software saying they can exhibit poor performance.

I'd guess Torque may have a recommended list on their site.

Any updates ?

Getting closer to the 3k mark and have smoke coming from the money in my pocket where I saved on taxes this year :) (although they still took WAY too much !)

Lucky you, the fastest run I've done with my Explorer Sport is 6.8 sec....usually I'm running between 6.9 and 7.2 sec

So resurrecting a old thread here.... I have been reading about all the high 5's/low 6 0 to 60 times people are reporting with their stock X Sports. Using Dash Command the best I could muster was 6.7, but most of the time it would run low 7's .This was level road and about 55 degrees with a full tank of 87, normal mode with TC on. Would the full tank and 87 octane really hurt performance that much? I checked all the intake hoses and everything was tight. What am I missing?

So resurrecting a old thread here.... I have been reading about all the high 5's/low 6 0 to 60 times people are reporting with their stock X Sports. Using Dash Command the best I could muster was 6.7, but most of the time it would run low 7's .This was level road and about 55 degrees with a full tank of 87, normal mode with TC on. Would the full tank and 87 octane really hurt performance that much? I checked all the intake hoses and everything was tight. What am I missing?

I think 3 things are hurting your times.
  1. Full tank of gas. Try 1/2 tank or less.
  2. The 87 octane will likely cause a reduction in performance. I don’t know how much though.
  3. Running in Normal mode. I’ve noticed that sometimes in Normal mode, 1st gear is dog and when it hits 2nd gear, it actually accelerates faster than it did in first. I assume due to computer reducing engine output. Try Sand mode to see if that helps.

Also, remember that the official times are likely using more accurate equipment and under ideal conditions(with the moon, planets and stars all aligned…etc).

The times I was talking about are ones listed in this thread and a couple of others with people using the same or similar app, so they seem to be real world-ish, unless people are exaggerating there 0 to 60 like they do their gas milage.

The amount of gas I would think would affect the time much since a full tank weighs 108lbs and according to to a rule of thumb loosing 100 lbs drops your time by about 0.1s.

I had tried sand mode and mud mode. Neither seems to affect times.

I Am curious to see how 91 octane affects the times though, since the manual says you can use 87 but for best performance use 91.

.........................I Am curious to see how 91 octane affects the times though, since the manual says you can use 87 but for best performance use 91.
The advertised HP and torque specifications were achieved using 93 octane gasoline.

Peter

Fuel level makes sense, so 1/2 tank shouldn't make much of a difference...especially in a 5000lb vehicle.

I think octane will be the next biggest contributor since you mentioned trying different modes already.

Where are you located? I cannot see since I'm on my phone. Are you at a higher elevation?

Fuel level makes sense, so 1/2 tank shouldn't make much of a difference...especially in a 5000lb vehicle.

I think octane will be the next biggest contributor since you mentioned trying different modes already.

Where are you located? I cannot see since I'm on my phone. Are you at a higher elevation?

Every 100lbs costs you a tenth in the quarter mile. If you have half a tank vs a full tank, you are saving about 55lbs... so yes even a half tank should make a difference. I used to go to the track with only 1/4 tank of gas to minimize weight.

Running 93 octane will also improve performance.

Im in St. Louis, so only about 400' in elevation. I'll have to defiantly run it again with less gas and 93 octane, but almost a full second still seems to be alot to make up.

Here's a couple results I got using Dynolicious app while just checking my 0-60 times. Was trying not to break the tires loose off the line for the runs, but spun a bit on the second try.

IMG_4328.jpg_zpsdkksvkrl.png

Dyno1_zpsh2yoevfz.png

I tried to get video of a separate run, but it was hard to hold for video and keep the steering straight.

Hooked up my ODB2 bluetooth monitor and launched the Torque app. Loaded up the 0-60 gauge and did a few runs.

Best time was 7.3 seconds, which seems off. I thought the Sports were capable of 5.5 seconds?

The Boost maxed out at 12 PSI. Used Premium gas. Tried the runs with the shifter in D, S, and some with the AWD in Sand mode. Time was about the same either way.

What should I check to see why I'm not getting a better result?

I used a G-Tech measuring device attached to the windshield on hot days, cold days and tried it on 87 octane with stock tune many times in "normal" driving mode and always hit around 5.4 - 5.6 with it floored all the way from the start with no cargo on board... using higher octane did not improve the times whatsoever.
My NON sport AWD did low 7s stock all the time in the same manner

Has anyone here hooked up a meth kid, downpipes, or larger turbos? I'd imagine all of the above plus an aggresive tune would put that in the low 13's and mid 4 seconds.

Has anyone here hooked up a meth kid, downpipes, or larger turbos? I'd imagine all of the above plus an aggresive tune would put that in the low 13's and mid 4 seconds.
Using the Forum's handy 'Search' feature I found this; Methanol Injection

Peter

try:
1) foot on brake...foot on gas till 1.5 or 2k...foot off brake
2) one foot only...foot on brake then move it to the gas
Sand mode, 93oct, a tune, etc all help...so do good tires and good asphalt.

Livernois Motorsports Sport 0-60mph

Just a quick clip of my Livernois mods / tune
- Intake
- 3 bar map sensor
- 93 octane tune
- Downpipes (stock cat back)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Livernois Motorsports Sport 0-60mph

Just a quick clip of my Livernois mods / tune
- Intake
- 3 bar map sensor
- 93 octane tune
- Downpipes (stock cat back)
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Your thread was merged with this existing one.

Peter

Back