Explorer Sport Body Lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Sport Body Lift

mmitchell33

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
I have a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport and I'm looking for a body lift. All the body mount bushings are completely toast. I can not find any regular bushings or lift kits for the Sport model. Does any one have suggestions or know if the Sport Trac or Ranger kits will work?
Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You won't find any listed for the Sport. Or 4 doors either for that matter. You are looking for the Pa-883 or equivalent. As for the body mount bushings, search Energy Suspension, Moog or try Ford.

Just did the pa 883 ranger lift on mine

There you go. Performance Accessories PA883 + Daystar KF04009BK = 2001 Sport 3" body lift with new poly mounts. :thumbsup:

For anyone who has used the PA-883 and Daystar KF04009BK, is it a pretty straight forward job or are modifications necessary? Also, on a side note, what size tires did you go with?

Still running the 33 inch tires I had before the lift

IMG_0166_zps60911b57.jpg

Did the PA-883 a few years back. A few tips and observations (and screw ups on my part) are here. Starts at #12 .

Post lift (with AAL, shackles and TT as well), I'm running 33x12.5s on 15x10 rims. Still need some trimming up front, but it has a good road ride and great trail manners.

Enjoy the build out.

:exp:

Sog, that thing looks sick! Though I'm kind of partial to the all black look ;) Love the snorkel too.

Thanx man , definitely my pride and joy

Back