"Explorer' Hood Letters | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"Explorer' Hood Letters

grrtrainman

Reaction score
City, State
Western Mass, (summer), & SW Florida, (winter).
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 Limited 4WD 302A Tow
Anyone out here have ANY idea when we'll be able to order the black "Explorer" hood letters, (as featured on the new 2013 Sport model) ??? You'd think the Sport is already in production, (Fall of this year).

I believe the part number is 42528L . :scratch:

Thanks guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It hasn't gone to production yet... I don't believe any orders have been assigned VIN's or been scheduled for build yet. I am waiting patiently, and I think I'm one of the earlier ones here.

It hasn't gone to production yet... I don't believe any orders have been assigned VIN's or been scheduled for build yet. I am waiting patiently, and I think I'm one of the earlier ones here.
I saw a photo somewhere on this Forum of a member's Explorer and it had the lettering on the hood.

Peter

Peter: yup, I saw that too. Those chrome / black letters can be purchased on line or at some auto stores. IMHO, it's gotta be easier to apply the factory letters because of spacing, curve, and alignment issues. Gonna have to just wait a while,

David

If the Ford part number they give is correct, you can get them from Fast Parts Network for $96.

Fast Parts Network is also a vendor here.

A quick copy/paste of the part number in google brought up $86.66 from another website.

I almost want to send a message to the ebayer.. Love the "Unbeatable Free Shipping to the US" lol.

I hope they will be made available in chrome!

I sent a message, they replied back stating they are on national back order. Once they come off back order, the price will drop significantly. Scumbag!!

Just clicked on the ebay link above. The amazing thing is they have already sold 7 sets at $299 each. But then they threw in FREE SHIPPING "WOW"

:eek:

Okay Guys, guess what. Those black "Explorer" hood letters found on the 2013 Sport model ARE now available. Check out the Ebay listing below.
WARNING: make sure you are SITTING DOWN when you see the price !!!

You've got to be kidding...

Laugh -of-the-day !

David
I'm wondering if they are actually available on that site. Delivery is within 30 days of cleared payment but the delivery dates shown are Nov. 13th and 19th. The 'extended handling period' makes me wonder if the seller actually has them yet.

Peter

just more places for wax to get trapped against when detailing the truck!

Just clicked on the ebay link above. The amazing thing is they have already sold 7 sets at $299 each. But then they threw in FREE SHIPPING "WOW"

I thought the same thing but if you click on the 7 sold, it shows 6 at $109, 1 at $199.

I sent a message, they replied back stating they are on national back order. Once they come off back order, the price will drop significantly. Scumbag!!

I would hope so. That price is a joke. MSRP is $114.82 and there are a couple of Ford dealers online who sell parts at 10% over cost which puts it at $75.78.

I'm wondering if they are actually available on that site. Delivery is within 30 days of cleared payment but the delivery dates shown are Nov. 13th and 19th. The 'extended handling period' makes me wonder if the seller actually has them yet.

Peter

I would highly doubt it. OEM Parts Authority is actually Beshore and Koller Ford in Manchester, PA. According to the Ford Parts Network they had ZERO instock as of Friday AM.

How do you even install those letters? Take them to the dealer?

Nahhhh. Those letters will be peel-and-stick. They'll be prepositioned on a backing sheet ready to apply. Just make sure the hood surface is very clean AND warm before you apply!
Warning: once you tack them down they can't be reapplied.
I'd like to see what they look like on a tri-white Explorer.

IMG_20121012_125053_zps9d4dd0e9.jpg

Edgieguy:

THANK YOU for that pic - it looks awesome .

Nice to see some Sports out there .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Letters?

What are the letters made of? Plastic or Aluminum?

I would like to get a set and have them chromed....can't do that on plastic.

Back