"Explorer' Hood Letters | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"Explorer' Hood Letters

I just got my hood letters from the dealer here in korea and it was part of a free thing they added to the purchase of my suv. problem is the hood letters that sit in the template are not in a curved line but rather a straight one. it sucks big time because its going to be very difficult putting them on.

does anyone have a template? I would pay for shipping and their time.

thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Helllo guys I'm just new in this forum.. I bought Explorer imblem (from eBay) to be place in my hood unfortunately it doesn't come with a Template. I appreciate for any help.

Got my hood letters from fordparts.com and it arrived last friday. It comes with a template and was easy to apply.

emblem2.png
Hi, just wondering if you still have the template for the imblem.

Welcome to the Forum Neil.:wave:
Just thought I'd let you know that Malagant hasn't been on the Forum since September 24, 2014.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Neil.:wave:
Just thought I'd let you know that Malagant hasn't been on the Forum since September 24, 2014.

Peter
I see..thank you

What he was talking about wasn't really a "template"; the OEM letters come on a sticky piece of plastic, where they're properly spaced and aligned, so you just pull off the backing and stick them on. Without that, you're going to have harder time applying them.

If you look at the picture above, and look at where the L and O align with the letters of the Ford emblem, you can figure out the distance between them, and then just center it top to bottom. Or find one locally and measure, or get a body shop or vinyl wrap/sign installer to put them on.

What he was talking about wasn't really a "template"; the OEM letters come on a sticky piece of plastic, where they're properly spaced and aligned, so you just pull off the backing and stick them on. Without that, you're going to have harder time applying them.

If you look at the picture above, and look at where the L and O align with the letters of the Ford emblem, you can figure out the distance between them, and then just center it top to bottom. Or find one locally and measure, or get a body shop or vinyl wrap/sign installer to put them on.

I'm base in calgary Alberta I'll try to look for installer to put them on. BTW what best adhesive do you suggest? Thank you in advance

I'm base in calgary Alberta I'll try to look for installer to put them on. BTW what best adhesive do you suggest? Thank you in advance

They come with 2 sided tape on them. You can install them yourself, no need to pay someone.......

They come with 2 sided tape on them. You can install them yourself, no need to pay someone.......

Hello summer 22, it doesn't have any adhesive at the back of each letter and I'm sure this is a used condition as I notice it. I'll try to fix this on my own to save money

Hello summer 22, it doesn't have any adhesive at the back of each letter and I'm sure this is a used condition as I notice it. I'll try to fix this on my own to save money

By the time you deal with all of that, you'd probably be better off just buying a new set. You can find it online under $100, and install it yourself, for probably the same or close to what you'd end up paying an installer.

By the time you deal with all of that, you'd probably be better off just buying a new set. You can find it online under $100, and install it yourself, for probably the same or close to what you'd end up paying an installer.

Yah you're right I got it only for 36$ but it's a used condition..here in Alberta it's 200$ for a new one

I'd get the Ebay ones for $12.99! But they're not stock for my 98 XLT so will pass, LOL
I went with cheap after markets and they did not adhere well and letters came off. I ended up paying for the OEM factory and they are far superior.

Do they sell individual letters? I just need the "E" as half of it was torn off.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ford explorer hood grill letters.jpg

I bought 3D raised front hood grill letter decals from Jhazeauto. Great product! Extremely easy to install and was is great condition. Adhesive worked well. Just make sure you use pressure to make sure it’s stuck on there good. Maintained a great stick and good look.
Highly recommended.

Back