For Sale - Explorer Sport Parts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Explorer Sport Parts

I've parted out three 1st generation Explorer Sports and have glass, exterior trim, and interior parts for sale. Very reasonable prices - just hoping to help keep these great vehicles on the road. Contact me for anything you need. You'll be surprised by what I have!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've parted out three 1st generation Explorer Sports and have glass, exterior trim, and interior parts for sale. Very reasonable prices - just hoping to help keep these great vehicles on the road. Contact me for anything you need. You'll be surprised by what I have!
Do you have tan door panels by chance?

I do! Let me clean them up and I'll send photos. They're in great shape, just a little fading from the sun, right next to the window.

I do! Let me clean them up and I'll send photos. They're in great shape, just a little fading from the sun, right next to the window.
Cool! look forward to seeing them. Where in Ga are you located?

No, they're electric. There's an opening in the armrest where the switches snap in.

Would you have a manual t-case by chance?

No, sorry. Almost everything I have is interior and exterior trim.

I do, but it's for the 2-door Sport, not the Trac, if that's what you're looking for. The headliner is different.

I am looking for the plastic piece where the passengers side sun visor clips into for my wife's 99 Sport. I had the headliner out to recover the sliding sunroof shade & broke this piece on reassembly. The interior is gray, but I do not care what color you have if you do not have the gray, I can paint it. Here is a picture of the piece I need.
100_1697.JPG

Too bad . . . I had a gray one exactly like yours that I didn't pull off a car that I just had towed away, thinking I'd pulled just about everything that might be usable.
I do have a tan one, but it's for the single-visor design. The photo shows the piece designed for the double visor, so what I have won't work. Sorry.

Any hints on removing the sun-roof insert? Like all of them, the material on mine has pretty much rotted. I've heard/read everything from removing the entire headliner to removing the glass to pull the piece out through the roof. Both sound like a royal pain, with a lot of brittle plastic parts that are too easy to break.

Look at post #-5 in the attached link, it gives a perfect description that I used when I just did the one in my wife's 99 Sport.
Here are some pics from when I did it.
Just be very careful, I used a door panel remover similar to this one to remove the 2 side flat trims that cover the sunroof glass bolts.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00470JPDW/?tag=serious-20
I used a small straight blade screwdriver to release the 2 sliders that hold the sliding sunroof shade in the track.

Back