explorer sport pics | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

explorer sport pics

Axial, Nice Work! Wasnt sold on the colors when I first saw your writeup. Have to give it 2 thumbs up now, very different and it works. I like the grill insert, I put a 98+ plastic "honeycomb" insert in my 95. Looks like you have the hood latch thru the grill like mine and had to notch the insert also. I like your insert alot better, where did you find it? Like the 35's!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The insert was a scrap mesh/holes sheet that I found in the bottom of our scrap barrel. We cut it to size and made the notch, and drilled it to the center grill support

My 99 Explorer Sport

From when I got her til now...
23950110018_large.jpg

23950110050_large.jpg

23950110056_large.jpg

23950110075_large.jpg

After installing Warrior Shackles
23950110086_large.jpg

Now w/ 31's and torsion twist
23950110096_large.jpg

23950110102_large.jpg

Now w/ 265/75/16 snow tires on winter rims
23950110135_large.jpg

also i see your from ny im from jersey where do you go wheelin at bro?

Yea... pinstripe where did you get that brush guard.. I'm looking at getting one.. but I like the ones that are bent with the grill like yours...but I can't find one.

My local Advanced Auto is a Westin dealer so I ordered it through them plus I got a discount cause my account through my dealer (I'm a mechanic at a Chrysler Dealership) but be ready, it costs around $600. And ccarnahan, I usually would go through state land w/ a bunch of my buddies, sometimes we would know somewhere to go wheelin in private property but I used to go in western upstate new york in Morrisville, there was a ****load of state land up there that was a ####load of fun, Anyway, i gott get back to work...

23950110130_small.jpg

- Jake

Yea... pinstripe where did you get that brush guard.. I'm looking at getting one.. but I like the ones that are bent with the grill like yours...but I can't find one.

Manik offroad also has a very similar brushguard. Although I got mine installed at a Ford dealer when I got the truck new back in 99, a friend of mine was able to obtain a new Manik one directly from and If I remember it correctly, it was about $150 less than Westin. You could also try performanceproducts.com

pinstripe,
x3 that grill guard really looks decent. Havent really liked any of the other guards I have seen very much. What kind of winter shoes are u running?

techboj,
that guard looks decent also, very similar.

I have two sets of factory alloy 16" rims. I am running my 265/75/16 Dean Wildcat A/Ts as my summer tires (same as Cooper Discoverer ATRs) and for my snows I have 265/70/16 Firestone Winerforces, they do great and are fairly cheap. I think they are like $90.00 a tire for people off the street but I payed almost nothing because I pay cost through my dealership...

23950110130_small.jpg

- Jake

nice sports u guys got

Not a fan of red except on the Sports with Grey Moldings! Very nice--I still have a set of those wheels in my basement and I am thinking of adding some 33" winter tires to them for the winter. Beautiful pic in the snow by the way.

here's one of the pics i took while at the badlands a couple weekends ago
1266474592.jpg

I used a 4" drop block from the local oreilly auto store with the stock rear shock plates onto top the leaf instead of under. Works very well other than the occasional axle to frame hit. The frame needs to be C Notched, but that isnt on the high priorty list for now. My #3 piston is no longer with us.

Just a quick question for you 18psiexplorer.

What kind of rpm do you turn on the highway at 70? And what rear gears you running? i remember you saying something about 3.73's in your other thread but im not 100% sure if that is correct. Mine has the stock 3.08's in the rear and turns 2200-2300Rpm on the highway at 70.

Yes I do have stock 3.73 with 5 spd trans it turns right at 1800 to 2000

You gotta upload your pics to Photobucket, or a simaler hosting site man, we cant check your email LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here some of mine.

010.jpg

011.jpg

2323232327Ffp935nu49758252WSNRCG324.jpg

l_4525121e42b74f78babf172f880ce4d7.jpg

2323232327Ffp97nu49758252WSNRCG3-1.jpg

Back