EXPLORER SPORT side chopped and RANGER tail gate | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EXPLORER SPORT side chopped and RANGER tail gate

it turned out better than i though cause the upper hatch lays over the tailgate making water hard to get in

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks good

very nice! ill be putting a ranger gate on mine when the top goes. got any pics of the hinge setup?

ill post some pictures today for all of those in question of the hinge set up

How did you go about getting them to latch shut?

How did you go about getting them to latch shut?
thats what i was wondering it doesnt look like you are concerned about windows but is that back window just laying there?

This is why I was try to use the factory gate just cut in half, so you could still use the the glass latch as a lock.

gate6.jpg

I have to subscribe to this. The ranger gate looks cool, but I'd like to keep the smooth look of my liftgate. I'm thinking of going to a pick n pull and yanking a liftgate off one of the Expos there to hack up. Keep the post and pics coming :thumbsup:

personally the ranger tailgate is a gift from the explorer god, and to not use it is a sin haha

it fits like a glove, why had ur old hatch up and have all that nasty open crap where you cut and have to fill it with fiber resin, USE THE RANGER GATE!!!

im up in everett, washington and i get looks left and right cause noone even knows the the hell i drive any more haha

thats lookin good so far.

What are you going to do about side windows? You gonna just leave it open?

Looks good, I like different.

i have come to decide that the side window openings will be plugged with one sexy sheet of black diamond plate with side mounts off the plate for my hi-lift, a shovel, and on the other side an ax, and a pick

i am almost temped to make the diamond plate panels hinge up like a lift gate to open the window kind of like a utility truck bed cap

I have been kickin back and watching-- I have a ranger tailgate, and no airconditioning-- so I really think this should happen :)

next ill be cutting out a rectagled section of the roof, so pretty much the whole interriour roof section and run gasket material and use a bikini top windshield channel piece from a jeep and use a safari top and modify it to hook in the front like a jeep and snap rivets all the way down the roof..........its gonna be sick!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

very nice!

Back