• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Sports

Fahrenheit

Reaction score
City, State
NE Philly
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Ford Explorer
So I'd like to pick up a Explorer Sport for driving in winter/off road fun. For the 95 to 03 sports what common problems should i be looking at when looking at them? Also to jazz it up for off road what kind of lift kits are there? Anything to ditch them torsion bars? Also I know some explorer came with the 5.0, assuming the frame is the same one could swap in the 5.0 into the sport with a donor vehicle fairly easy right?

Thanks for your time :)

The only way to lift it and ditch the torsion bars is to swap for a solid front axle. As far as swapping the motor the word easy never really fits there ha but it can be done, you will need the entire donor vehicle though.

you can use coil overs for the front, that way you wouldn't need the t bars. as for a 5L swap, you would basically need a donor truck, and would have to also swap most of the electrical with the motor amongst other things.

Thanks, can you guy link me any of the coil over kits? having a problem finding them. Id also use it to stuff bigger tired under her as well.

Back